Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Thunder Bird Colco or Smartech AeroHawk?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Thunder Bird Colco or Smartech AeroHawk?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 08:44 AM
ath512

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Bird Colco or Smartech AeroHawk?

Hi all

I want to chose one of the two:

1-Thunder Bird Colco:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=6626

2-Smartech AeroHawk:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=6845

What is the best of the two for a beginner?
What is the one that can be fitted with the hummingbird fuselages?
the century airwolf to be exact.

note: these two are my only choices..

Thanks in advanced
Old 12-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Aerohawk

Default RE: Thunder Bird Colco or Smartech AeroHawk?

It doesn't matter which micro heli you buy. Your gonna have to spend alot more money to get it flying properly! From stock condition.

I have to admit that the chinese clone helis are pretty crap in stock condition. I have had a aerohawk and a GWS dragonfly. For both helis I have gone separate brushless electronics setup because the stock 3 in 1 boards just **** themselves.

The genuine GWS dragonfly is a better quality heli. Pretty good for taiwanese quality. Be careful though, there are plenty of dragonfly clones out there. Even a genuine piccolo is great.

I wouldn't recommend the aerohawk or colco.

If you don't buy quality straight up, you'll regret it when you try to fly some of these clone helis.

Cheers
Alan Harper
Old 12-06-2004, 01:41 AM
R-Rudder

Aerohawk is an outdated heli. Pretty soon you'll see it just disappear on the map. It seems they have troubles keeping the market share they have now and fail to release any new helicopters. Their lunch is getting chewed-up by the dragonfly clone manufactureres. The latest dragonfly clones simply put Aerohawk and GWS dragonflies in shame. dragonfly clone manufacturerers release 3 or 4 new helicopters within 10 months period. Each of the new release has better features and improvements over the last release. While it takes Aerohawk/GWS every 18months or so just to release one new helicopter, still with the same electronic problems found on the old helicopter.

Their engineers or marketing/sales fail to recognize that maintaining the market share is a journey, not a destination. If they can't keep up, solve the electronics problems, they'll drop out of the picture soon.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:56 AM
NYHOB

I will recommend the eSky helicopter for you. The eSky brand is good in quality and stable too.
- There are couple of different eSky, [link=http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com]you can check them out here[/link]
Old 12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
mbro

asjck