Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Cat P80

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Cat P80

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 12:19 PM
mazzmada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Cat P80

Hello I'm Davide,
have I been able to start for the first time the turbine jet cat P80 today, did I know about the delay that they are had in the passages least maximum but is it normal that the phase of acceleration is commanded by position stick radio to the center up to the maximum one? From position stick radio lowered to stick radio to the center the turbine doesn't climb turns but he is constant to the least turns while from 1/2 sticks up to the maximum one it turns that it is a pleasure.

Thank for attention
Rest waiting your communications
Best regards

Davide
Old 12-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Jet Cat P80

Welcome Davide,

What aircraft is the P-80 flown in? How heavy is it?

There is a considerable throttle delay when accelerating from idle to full power. The delay is much less when accelerating from 50% throttle to full power.

Bank and climb performance depends on your aircraft and your flying style - you may need to carry power into the turns. Some aircraft will need to keep 50% throttle to maintain a good turn without slowing down, others will accelerate at that same throttle setting. I don't know of any jet that will climb at idle or low power settings.

Remember that you will have to factor in throttle lag and plan your maneuvers in advance. If you plan on climbing vertical, advance to full power and give the engine time to spool up before pulling straight up! In a standard turn, add in about 50% throttle half way through the turn. As I said, on some airframes, you may have to leave the power on into the turn or add power earlier in the turn.

Hope some of this helps.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:40 PM
dutchjet
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hello,

I think your calibration of the gas channel is not correct, please check in the GSU if the percentage of throtle e.a. puls rate climbs linear to the stick movement. If not correct preform a calibration.

Hope this helps

Greetings Han
Old 12-05-2004, 01:45 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

also do a seach for jack diaz. he had a throttle curve to program into the radio which gave a more "linear" feel to the throttle

here it is

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...tm.htm#1287338
Old 12-05-2004, 02:32 PM
mazzmada

Thank you everybody Lt Dan my model is a Kangaroo.

Regards

Davide
Old 12-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: mazzmada

Thank you everybody Lt Dan my model is a Kangaroo.

Regards

Davide
I would not think that the Roo would need a lot of throttle to hold a turn unless you are banking hard. If you enter a turn at low throttle and pull a lot of G's through the turn, you'll bleed off your energy very quickly!