Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

How to Join Wing Panels Together

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

How to Join Wing Panels Together

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:57 AM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Join Wing Panels Together

Back when I posted an article on my site about how to build a model airplane wing, I promised that I would follow up with an article about how to properly join wing panels. The wing in the first article was built in one piece, so joining them was not an issue.

This is the follow up to that article. It describes how to ensure the wing panels are aligned properly in all respects and then how to glue them together. The last part of the article shows how to fiberglass the center section of a wing.

This is a question I've received a lot and also see here on RCU from time to time.

[link=http://www.airfieldmodels.com/information_source/how_to_articles_for_model_builders/construction/joining_wing_panels/]How to Join Wing Panels[/link]
Old 12-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: How to Join Wing Panels Together

CafeenMan: I just want to thank you for your assistance and your site. I know that you spend a lot of time sharing information, tips and techniques, that you could devote to your custom building business and building for yourself. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am new to R/C. Sites like your are a tremendous help to us.

When I was a teen, some 45 years ago, I used to build control line models. My, how things have changed with kits. I have just received one, a GP Super Decathlon 40 and have ordered a Top Flite Contender. I think will do the Contender first because that will be my "second" plane. I wouldn't attempt it with out the benefit of your informative site.

Thank You for being so selfless.

Jim V
Old 12-08-2004, 01:53 AM
CafeenMan

Jim - I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. I don't really consider myself to be altruistic. My goal is as simple as wanting to entice people to build things whether it be model airplanes, doll houses or whatever.

What I'm trying to show the world is that anyone can do it if they know how. Skill is a part of it, but even those of us who lack the skills of the master can build things we're proud of if we just aren't afraid to make the effort.

Thanks again,

Paul
Old 12-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate your articles too. When I finish the glow trainer I'm still working on, I'm going to take the plunge and not only scratch build an electric plane, but do some modifications that you've laid out instructions for on your site.

I'm just worried that by the time I get to it, your site will be gone! [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 12-08-2004, 02:45 AM
CafeenMan

My site isn't going anywhere. I've paid for the domain name well into the future. It goes down for a couple days every few months for unknown reasons, but other than that the site will be there.

I have to figure out how to have it cared for properly after I die though.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:00 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Leave it to RCU in your will
Old 12-09-2004, 10:34 PM
CafeenMan

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Leave it to RCU in your will
That would be a good idea, but after giving it some thought I decided to not die - ever.

I hope not too many people object.