Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

new vs used

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:48 PM
waynegrauel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new vs used

I'm new here after years of flying RC planes. (with a long break in between) I've got the MRC simulator coming for Christmas (we hope)..

I'm looking for a good helo and since I live out in the country I can either fly it outside or in my barn!

From what I've read, the corona is pretty tough. What would be the recommendations on buying a used one over building one from the ground up. I guess my biggest concern would be (not knowing a lot about helos and what to look for) ending up with something that someone has damaged or not set up properly...

I guess one question that you all will ask me is what types of radios do I have... old Futabas with standard radios and servos designed for stuff like sweet sticks and an aeromaster. I sure would not trust them in a heli after all this time and I assume these thngs take the smaller rX's and servos

What types of question do I ask and what do I look for if I go the used route.

I'm all ears!

Thanks
Wayne
Old 12-08-2004, 02:53 PM
KawaKattacK2000
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new vs used

You might want to shoot for something bigger than micro...My dragonfly can not handle any wind...I work at an auto dealership, an I fly it in the shop when all the techs go home. everytime I fly outside something bad (wind) happens...also, I had a used heli (nitro powered) because I did not build it, and it was my first heli, I crashed it pretty bad, I had no understanding to how it was designed to function.