G-26 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Firewalkerd1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default G-26 Questions

Help!!!
I"m new to gassers and got a zenoah G-26 for X-mas to put on a Grasshopper I just finished. I have read all the threads on this engine and still confused. So here goes. The oil mixture has a wide range and it appears it's up to the brand. I live where wal-mart and some auto parts are tops for oil products. Can't find amsoil, klotz, and the cycle brand oils. What would be the choice from these stores and what mixture. I have good luck with my stihl weed eaters/chain saws with their oil. Would this oil be suitable with their mixture.
Prop size for break in. Some threads say to use a smaller size for less heat for break in and some say to use the prop you intend to fly with. It appears to me that a larger prop would bog the engine on the ground. Again new to gassers. The weight of this plane is around 12-14 lbs. I will be flying off a grass field. MA props are easier to find for me. I have read the threads on this plane but no suggestions. Any recommendations on prop size for flying and the other areas would be very helpful and appreciated to save this little engine.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:33 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G-26 Questions

a can of Lawnboy oil with mix up 2 gallons at about 32 to 1-perfect for break in. 16x8 or 18x6 for break in. what do you all think?
Old 12-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All the 2 cycle oils are about the same and any of them at 32/1will work fine. Just go to the nearest lawn mower or hardware store and buy one.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Page 5 of the instructions for prop
Page 6 for oil mix
Page 10 for break in..
The engineers who designed and built the engine know best, follow their directions...