Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

T-rex 450 heat sink

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

T-rex 450 heat sink

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 09:29 AM
CAP232Pilot-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-rex 450 heat sink

Hello all,

A qucik question. I recnetly built my T-rex using the Align brushless motor. I have read that some of you are having problems with the motor getting hot. Whos heat sink are you using? The motor body is an odd size at 27.5 mm, so there is no real good fit for an off the shelf heat sink. Any suggestions? Also doesn't the TP 2100 LiPoly seem to heavy for the nose of the T-rex? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:20 AM
tanasit

Default RE: T-rex 450 heat sink

The blue GWS heat sink for 400 size motor fits perfect, but you have to fiddle a bit to get the heat sink in first then the motor will go in from underneath.
I use TP 2100 and the cg is right on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93185.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	208700  
Old 12-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Tanner Hall
My Feedback: (1)

tanasit- you mentioned the CG was perfect with a TP2100. how do you mount the battery? do you use a tray extender, straps or anything? or do you just shove it back against the motor and let the canopy hold it up?

thx.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:09 AM
electro_heli

I use a battery extender and it is a bit nose heavy with TP2100 but you can play with receiver/ESC to get CG right.
Mine has perfect CG after moving receiver and ESC around.

For heatsink, Align now ships BL motors with heatsink(cooler plate). I think you can get the heatsink from some of the dealers or even e-bay. I ordered one for myself from a guy at e-bay today.

Regards,
HC
Old 01-05-2005, 02:15 AM
tanasit

I cut a thin piece of fiber glass and glued it to the battery tray. Slide the TP pack all the way in and wrap the front with a rubber band. The canopy will push it fit right on. My new Apogee 2170 mAH pack fits fine too.