Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

KMP/ESM AT6 Texan or Harvard

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

KMP/ESM AT6 Texan or Harvard

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Woody 51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP/ESM AT6 Texan or Harvard

I tried posting this question under "Warbirds" but it seems no one has purchased this kit!

Anyone reading the ARF threads of this forum have any info or experince with the KMP/ESM AT6 or Canadian Harvard ARF model?
Old 01-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Thai-fly

Default RE: KMP/ESM AT6 Texan or Harvard

I have one and there are many flying in Thailand. They fly well with a 4 stroke 70 and the ones with a 4 stroke 52 in also fly well but are a bit underpowred for me. No bad habits at all and easy to take off. Watch the landing a little. No need to keep up the speed as it will float down nicely when you throttle back but because the wheel span is quite narrow it takes a bit of practice to land it like a pro!
Old 01-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Woody 51

Many thanks Thai.

I was beginning to wonder if ANYONE had bought this kit!

I am getting one as a replacement for my Flair Models "Harvard" and plan to make a few small changes.

The Flair kit (slightly shorter in the fuselage and slightly longer wingspan) had 3 inch wheels which although oversize for scale, I found excellent for flying off rough grass fields. I plan to install 2.75 or 3 inch ones on the new kit for this very reason.

No, no retracts. Rough grass and retracts just don't go together!

Thai, did you encounter any problems when putting the kit together?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:47 AM
ROBERT101

I have one of the KMP at6 Texan and it flies great I have installed the hobico retracts in it and after epoxying a piece of 1/4 inch hardwood inside the wing and mounting the retract servo to it they work perfect. The wing is already built up for the retracts so there is virtually no cutting on the center section of the wing just a 1/2 in. hole for the retract linkage to run through freely. I am running an older Saito 50 and there is enough power to fly it at performance speeds. a little more than 1/2 throttle is sufficient for buzzing around the pattern. full throttle the plane performs respectfully with the aggressive bank and yank. do expect to add a little weight to the nose to achieve proper balance. only about 2oz.
Good luck hope this helps.