Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

best micro servo for micro heli

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

best micro servo for micro heli

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 11:39 PM
kegg_jam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best micro servo for micro heli

Hi all,

Newbee question.

I just got a EF-Helicopters Sabre Micro Helicopter RTF from hobbypeople and one of the servo's is messed up (making funny high pitched noise and not moving). I'm not sure of the technical term for this. But anyway, I replaced it with one of my HS-55's and it worked much better than the stock servo. I was wondering if i should replace both servo's with better ones and what is the best micro servo for this micro FP heli?

Learning to hover in my living room is such a blast....! I just wish my couch would stop getting in the way:>

Thanks for any help,

JK
Old 01-03-2005, 09:24 AM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: best micro servo for micro heli

I'm a big fan of the Hitec HS-56 servo's. Sounds like you stripped the gear on your servo. Remove the links to it and try to turn it. Should spin almost free.

This is why I prefer the 56's. They use better material for the gears and it's alot harder to strip.

Haven't tried the Futaba micro's but they are 5 bucks cheaper on Tower.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:30 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you do, make both of the servos the same. Different response times in the two servos will lead to unwanted behavior.
I use Hitec hs50 on my Piccolo. Light weight and very low current draw make this a good choice. The high price makes this a sucky choice if you are on a tight budget.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
BOSSpilot

my vote is still the HS-55 micro servo, I have four on my shogun 400 and have had no problems, in fact, they have a great response time and torque for the price.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:04 PM
kegg_jam

Thanks for the comments so far.

I've been flying on the FMS sim. and can fly all day without crashing (too much). One thing i have noticed is all the heli's on the sim have a lot faster response (ie.. you move the sticks just a little and the heli goes in that direction right away). I was hoping to improve the response of this little micro if possible. It seems like i have to really crank the controls to get this little fellow to go where i want it to.

Of course, I am a newbee and this is only a $229.00 heli (with radio).

Thanks again,

JK