Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

First Gasser

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Muza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Gasser

Hi All,
At the minute I'm only running a few glow (O.S.), and was considering moving up into gassers[8D]. I was just wondering what the advantages/disadvantages of a gasser would be?

Also I've found a potential Edge 540, located at the following link:

[link]http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/product_item.aspx?prodID=109[/link]

I'm not looking for 3D, but I'm more into blending aerobatic and music, so I do require the engine to hover it at half throttle.
They recommend a 3W-28.

How do you guys/girls think that this combo would go?

Thanks

John Murray
Old 01-04-2005, 10:43 PM
flier
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: First Gasser

John,
Do yourself a favor, go to the Wild Hare web site, order there Edge 540T, put a good 50 on the front and enjoy!
http://wildharerc.com/Products/Edge/edge.html
Darn good first gasser!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The latest RCM magazine reviews the same plane you note in your post and he used a DA 50. So I would think that the 3W-28 would be very much on the small side. For the record, the plane noted is almost as big as the wild Hare Edge 540 and your pick costs more.

The Edge would be a very good plane to do what you intend, and since you don't really want to 3D, it will still hover well. You can save $50.00 by going with the Wild Hare, and if you use a Brison 3.2 you can keep another 100 plus in your pocket on top of the plane when you make your engine choice. Both planes require upper end servos and hardware for the best performance.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 AM
Muza

Ta.

However, I'd still prefer to use this aircraft, as I have a history with Precision Aerobatics, and I very happy with their products. Also, their are already 4 Wildhare 540's in the club[&o], so I'm sick of watching them, let alone flying them, not saying anything about the quality, I'm just bored of them.

I didn't realize that the 3W-24 would be underpowering it so much[X(]. I'll take the DA-50 into consideration.

Also, as I'm in Aust, so I would be able to read the artcile, is there so way I get a look at what the tester says?

John Murray
Old 01-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Muza

Just to make sure, the model you looked at was the 75"?

John