Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Turbo Agcat

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
corcguy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Agcat

In 1993 I ordered a brochure from Koehler Aero Lab in Durham CA. They had run an add somewhere for their Turbo Agcat kit, a 100" giant in the 25lb. category. At the time I just filed the info. Retired with more time now I tried to contact the company and Harold Koehler with no luck.

Is anyone kitting this cat in this scale? Has anyone built this kit, what is your opinion of it?
Anyone have a set of plans from this kit?

Any info you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Dick L.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Turbo Agcat

It's not the one you are talking about, but there is a set of plans and a kit for the Ag Cat, I just have to remember who sells the plans. The kit is available from one of the reputable kit manufacturers. I'll dig the info up and post it for you.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Okay, here you go. The Ag Cat I am talking about was designed by Floyd Fitzgerald in 1977. It has a 90" top wingspan, and comes in around 22 lbs. This one is the radial engine Ag Cat, but with some scratch building, it could be made into a turbine Cat with no problems. I have around 1,000 hours flying the real thing (B model 600 hp Cats) and I can tell you that this model is almost perfect in every detail. The proportions and lines are right on the money. The plans were in Model Builder magazine some years back, and they are suposed to still be available. here's the info I've got:

Bill Northrop's Plan Service
2019 Doral Court
Henderson, NV 89014-1075
(702) 896-2162

The kit is available from Precision Cut Kits. It is a laser cut kit, and is listed as in stock in their inventory.

If you want a look at the finished product, there's a guy who built one and has pics of it on his website.

www.flyinglindy.homestead.com/AgCat.html

While I'm not particularly fond of his dummy radial engine design, the rest of the plane is immaculate. Looks identical to the last one I flew except the N number is different.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:43 PM
corcguy
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for your response, lowlevl. I have Floyd Fitzgeralds plans so if I cant find turbo plans I will do some "plans bashing" as I have a very good 3 view of the turbo agcat.Idid find flyinglidy site from a post he has on RCU. Nice looking cat he has built.

Thanks for your help.

Dick L.