Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

very discouraged

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

very discouraged

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 04:11 PM
puble23
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very discouraged

i've finally been flying my aerohawk. And i'm begining to relize that it is very very unstable. I bring it up about 3 feet from the ground and all it does it crash. Resulting in money spent on parts. When it becomes airborn all it does it fly foward very fast in some randon direction. Can someone please give me some advice. Or better yet is there anyone in New Jersey who knows of a place where i can get leasons. Someone please help me.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Galloping Ghost
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: very discouraged

Welcome to the wonderful world of RC helicopters. [:@]

Helicopters are inherently unstable, and learning to fly them requires a lot of patience and practice. If you have access to a sim, that will help a bunch. If you can fly a chopper without thinking on the sim, then you'll have a good chance at the real thing.

If you can find an experienced heli guy to help you, that's the ticket. But, you can teach yourself to fly one; I did it myself 25 years ago. I was then away from it for 20 years, and just bought a dragonfly a couple months ago. It is a blast to fly.

When you finally learn to fly the chopper, you'll get a sense of satisfaction that is very rare in the RC hobby.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78579.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	211910  
Old 01-08-2005, 12:31 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you need to make constant corrections to keep it from moving off in unwanted directions. By the time you recognize that it is moving, and think of the proper correction, it is too late, and the heli crashes. Do not worry too much. You will get better at recognizing the helis behavior, and better at making the right correction soon enough.
As GG said above. Practice. Patience.
Many people find that using Radds methods help yyou learn with minimal damage.
Keep working on it. Keep reading here. Ask questions. Let us know how you do.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:25 AM
kkyatch

ORIGINAL: Galloping Ghost

Welcome to the wonderful world of RC helicopters. [:@]

Helicopters are inherently unstable, and learning to fly them requires a lot of patience and practice. If you have access to a sim, that will help a bunch. If you can fly a chopper without thinking on the sim, then you'll have a good chance at the real thing.

If you can find an experienced heli guy to help you, that's the ticket. But, you can teach yourself to fly one; I did it myself 25 years ago. I was then away from it for 20 years, and just bought a dragonfly a couple months ago. It is a blast to fly.

When you finally learn to fly the chopper, you'll get a sense of satisfaction that is very rare in the RC hobby.
TOTALLY AGREE
Old 01-10-2005, 07:56 PM
clovus

Best thing I learnt was it's not a crash until it hits the ground - so keep it in the air and find a big open area. The philsophy being the more airtime the better your reflexes, expectations about what's going to happen next and improving control . My brothers Heli does the same thing, it just takes off like a plane. I can get my dragonfly to hover but no success on his - even with all the minor adjustments I know and had to do to my dragonfly, so we just flew it around in big crazy circles - sometimes even backwards for a bit and had a blast. I guess that's what you get from a cheap'n'nasty generic from china (where he lives)- $100 aussie peso's totally complete.
At least he can get me cheap batteries, etc..