Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Glow Plug Voltage ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 04:45 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Glow Plug Voltage ??

On my HP5, the turbine does not want to start unless the plug voltage is OVER 2.8 !! the defaut is 2.1, and i never heard of anyone increasing this by more than .2 ... I tried different plugs, and still the same ...

anyone have any input on this ?

Wojtek
Old 09-01-2002, 02:32 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default High Voltage

Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere in the glow plug circuit and you are getting excessive voltage drop.

Check the connections including the ground. Sorry I am not as familiar as I should be with the HP5 so I am not sure how the ground is hooked up but I would check there first
Old 09-01-2002, 02:49 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Glow Plug Voltage ??

Matt, you hit the nail right on the head ! on the HP5 the ground plug circuit is on a box outside of the turbine ... it grounds to the turbine through a mount to the steel trame of the mechanics, and therefore to the turbine itself .. I removed the electronics box and cleaned the part that connects the groun, im back to 2.1V ! i can'e believe it ! i did not even see any oil, dirt, etc ... I used alcohol to clean it ...

I have reinstalled the box reacently as it was a replacement for one that was failed (temp sensor problem)

thanx !!

Wojtek