Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

What is the "Windex Trick"

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

What is the "Windex Trick"

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 08:31 AM
65 Chevy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the "Windex Trick"

Hi Guys, I am just getting to the point in my building experience where I really want to get beyond the basic covering techniques. I keep hearing about a trick for laying down one covering over another without all the wrinkles and bubbles know as the "Windex Trick" Would someone please explain how this is done? Or does anyone know other tricks for doing a color over a color?
Thanks
Old 01-08-2005, 08:36 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: What is the "Windex Trick"

Bolt locker,
this topic has been discussed several times in different threads here on RCU. You can do a search on windex and come up with the info. But in my mind, Termigator has got one of the best instruction threads on doing this. it's easiet to send you to his thread than to re-type the info. you can find his thread here
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_603331/anchors_603331/mpage_1/key_termigator/anchor/tm.htm#603331[/link]

hope this helps
Old 01-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Here is another thread that has good information on the Windex method.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Usei...1466330/tm.htm
Old 01-09-2005, 09:58 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the Windex trick?

50 bucks in Tijuana.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Kenny

Is it really a trick or just an illusion?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-17-2005, 03:17 AM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Neither. Its a method
Ya know I just noticed that i b4 e except after c rule doesn't work with neither. And some people pronounce it nither.
BTW I know you guys are just joking. Plus it would be easier on RCU's servers if some people just searched for an answer. Hey as long as I'm using up server space, and speaking of servers. Anyone have a job for an out of work Help Desk/IT/Server/Web person? My position was eliminated on Dec. 16th... Merry Christmas [:'(] Sorry for babbling just up late because I can't find a job yet and can't sleep because I'm worried about the bills. At least I have a plane to build to keep my mind off it for a bit each night Anyone need a plane covered or need someone to build one for them? I can do that too I wish there was money in that. I'd love to do that for a living.... OK. Enough of me being pitiful. Time for bed. Sorry for the babbling...