Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Charge Rate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
GoldenTC3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charge Rate?

What charge rate for the battery pack on my micro heli would be a good one to use so that would make it a little bit faster than using a wall charger? By the way I'm using a Turbo 35 GFX. Thank You.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Direwolf

Default RE: Charge Rate?

That's a hefty charger. Regardless of the charger, however, the maximum safe charge rate of a battery depends on its chemistry. NiCad batteries can be safely charged at a rate of 3C... 3 times the capacitance of the battery. If your NiCad battery is 3300mAh, then you can safely charge it at a rate of 3 * 3300mA = 9900mA = 9.9 Amps. It would take 20 minutes to charge that pack at that speed. NiMh and LiPol cells should be charged at a maximum rate of 1C, or 1 times the capacitance. Also, never charge a LiPol battery on a charger that isn't designed for it... I don't think the Turbo 35 GFX is designed to charge LiPol's.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
ChopperMike

Default RE: Charge Rate?

Max charge for NiMH batteries is 2C. Also, do not charge a hot pack or use the battery right after charging if the pack is hot, especially if the battery get pretty warm during use.

If you're using LiPo batteries a really good charger to use is the Astro Flight 109. It charges up to 9 cells and up to 8 amps. It also discharges the battery. It only charges Lithium though.

Mike