Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

.21 off road engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 09:46 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default .21 off road engine

Looking for an idea of what to get between RB,Picco or OS for an Inferno, which one one is better based on your experience?.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2002, 10:20 PM
A4HawkPilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen all of them run in various vehicles, Ofna gt's, pirates, storms, and infernos. I would go with OS, less hassle, easy to tune and plenty of power. Also, get the engine without a pull start and use a box. If you never had a .21 you'll see why. Tons easier to start and no broken pull start ropes.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:02 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nothing will beat the RB C5 B ... or if you want to spend $800 for an engine, the Rody modified RB C5 will give you almost 3.5 hp !!!

I have 2 C5s , one in my inferno, and one in a ofna pirate ... the buggy goes well over 85mph, and the truck easily does over 50 !

OS is easier to tune however and also has some greart engines ! I'd personall;y stay away from Rosi and Pico.... a real bit*% to tune ..

Wojtek
Old 11-28-2002, 03:42 AM
R.C.Lovett

How about the Hyper .21 8 port for $130 I hear good things about this engine, thoughts?
Old 11-28-2002, 04:50 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

for the price its good, but cant toutch an RB .... the $400 OS .21 looks like a killer engine too .....

Wojtek
Old 03-12-2003, 09:48 AM
rodneyonline

RB C5 hands down...
Old 03-12-2003, 03:13 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currently I'm running an RB C4 and S7, Picco P6, Rossi HPS, and have run OS in the past.

In my experience, the Picco requires the most carb adjustments to keep it running at optimal temperatures. If you adjust the needle settings when the engine is cool for sound and performance, as it gets up to operating temperature, the settings are too lean. It takes a couple of minutes of track time to properly adjust Picco's torque carb.

RB engines are easier to tune than the picco, but still require more adjustments than OS engines. They have plenty of power, but don't seem to have the same longevity as my Picco or OS (and definitely less than a Rossi -10+ gallons and going strong)

My rossi engines (with ceramic coated piston technology) run stronger than the rody mod RB's at my track. They take high temps better than anything else out there and unless you suck dirt down the carb, will run for what seems like forever. I have over 10 gallons through one of mine and it's still tighter than my RB was right after the break-in period. The only downside is the amount of carb adjustment required to keep it running at peak performance. Part of the problem is the large diameter venturis for the carb.

OS has the best carburetors by far. They are a great engine (RZV-01B). They have excellent power, high rpm capabilities, and spool up quickly. Life expectancy is on par with Picco and RB. The best thing about the engine is if you tune the engine when it is cool, when it's at operating temperature, they are still right. What the OS lacks in torque (compared to the RB C4 or C5), it makes up for in rpm.

I stay away from the Force motors (like the hyper 8 port) because of quality control issues. I've seen porous cases actually weeping fuel through them. The average life expectancy is less than an OS, PICCO, RB, ROSSI, Nova Rossi...)
Old 03-13-2003, 04:25 AM
kyokai2

I will say the RB line of engines are the best engines out right now, I have run just about every brand and the RB C5B is very reliable and strong, I have 8 gallons on one right now and its still tight as after break-in. I have heard that the RB C5 has over 3 hp and I believe it. If your new to nitro and .21 engines you might want to go with the cheap force engines until your ready for some rippin power. Good choice on the inferno, I run a Kanai 2.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:45 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I have a NIB OS RZV01B(P) for sale in the nitro engine section which is a awesome 1/8 buggy .21 engine with 2.4HP. It has built in boost chamber, and a really nice carb. I have a friend who only flys planes but swears by OS as being great performance and longevity compared with other brands...The machine work and warranty behind them doesn't hurt either, they have excellent customer service. Definitely wont be disappointed with this one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	62832_17532.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	15048