Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

help! Zoom non-tail problem!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

help! Zoom non-tail problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 04:30 AM
dyiu9632

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! Zoom non-tail problem!

i got a zoom and no it is not a tail problem...the ESC or the speedcontroller keeps heating up very fast (like in less than a minute) then all the servos can't move anymore...i turn it off...then on again but this time it happens faster...probably cuz the ESC is already hot...18A ESC with 11.1V 1800mah battery...i changed it to 25A and same problem...what should i do? would plugging a second battery directly to the reciever help? bought it for like a month and i cant fly it so desperate lol....
Old 01-14-2005, 10:41 AM
ClemenTang

Default RE: help! Zoom non-tail problem!

Don't attempt to fly it again, unplug it if not already done so, check wirings, get a fire extinguisher, watch that video clip of Li batt explosion in the other thread. Were you giving it throttle or does it just heat up even at zero throttle? With everything switched off try turning the main rotor counterclockwise looking from top to check for jammed gear. If you're in Hong Kong you should be able to find help there're like half a dozen LHS's within maybe 1km in Mongkok that carries either or both the Shog and the Rex and can do a detailed check on that.

Li batteries can be very dangerous. If it's a short circuit and therefore overdischarged it may explode the next time you charge it. I always charge them Li batts outside car/house.

Clement
Old 01-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Ozydego

If it gets hot really quick, I would say check for a short..... GO back and check any solder joints made, and electronics, how they are fastened to the chassis. The smallest short and you are gonna get lots o heat real quick. Also tho check to make sure the ESC has room to breathe, it needs airflow to disapate heat.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:58 AM
disguy2k

Make sure everything is plugged in the right way, if everything is hooked up ok, then i would guess that one of the items is dead. unplug things 1 at a time till the problem goes away. ie, power it up with the RX disconnected, then the motor disconnected, do each servo 1 at a time. If it still does it with everything else disconnected, you've prolly blown one of the transistors in the ESC
Old 01-16-2005, 04:57 AM
dyiu9632

thx guys...i tried lots of things and the result came to me...there is too much current in the ESC, since it is the only thing connecting all the servos, the reciever, and the gyro to the battery. So I pluged in some AA batteries to the reciever, and the ESC doesnt heat up so much any more and can remain fine for like a few minutes...but then i have another problem now, with the extra batteries it's too heavy so it wont take off and its just spinning on the floor[]...so i guess i go to mongkok to get a ESC with higher current like 40-50A...