Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Esky honeybee 2 range check

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Esky honeybee 2 range check

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Chorlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky honeybee 2 range check

Hi,
Does anyboby know what range the standard honey bee 2 radio has, mine seems to only be about 5 metres, this can't be right can it, I've been trying to use my 9C tx with it because I thought it might give it more range but I've not been able to make it work, anybody got any ideas.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:08 PM
pwterry

Default RE: Esky honeybee 2 range check

Yes, you most certainly should have more than 5m range. You should have control of the heli for about as far has you can see it.

Try this:
Lay the antenna wire out along side the heli. Do not double it or allow it to cross itself. Do another range check (unplug the motors, look for servo movement).

If the range improves greatly, try a different routing on the heli. Again, do not cross the antenna wire if at all possible. Also, keep the wire away from motor and servo leads.

If the range does not improve greatly, you need to look for bad connections. Inspect the antenna wire for breaks. Remove the TX rear cover and inspect the wire to its antenna. Open the 4-in-1 and inspect the solder joint where the antenna wire connects to the board.

If the antenna wire is suspect, you must replace with the same length of the same size wire. You havent cut it shorter, have you?
Old 01-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Chorlton

Hi pwterry,
I have already tried the things you have suggested, thanks anyway, except for taking the cover of the back of the tx, which I'll go and do now. It's very difficult to get the part of the 4-in-1 where the antenna solders to the board, I took it apart but didn't want to risk damaging it until I was sure that it was causing the problem.The other thing I did was put the rx crystal from the esky in one of my planes using a normal 35 mhz rx so that I could test the esky tx. After switching it on there was no apparent control of the servos just a lot of glitching/interference, so you would think that it's a tx problem but I am unsure about the compatability of different crystals and radio systems, so I am still not sure whats wrong!
Old 01-15-2005, 03:44 PM
pwterry

I can't think of anything else, except the very slight possibility of a nearby electrical field on the same frequency. Hope you get it worked out. 5m range isn't enough.

I tried putting the Esky Tx crystal in my Futaba T6XH. It worked the servos, but it isn't CCPM capable.