Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Piccolo&JR radio

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Piccolo&JR radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Pietdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piccolo&JR radio

Hi I'm new to the site and just getting back into helis after a hiatus. I have a Piccolo pro set up with seperates and coverted the tail to direct drive with a century moter. I also bought a used JR PCM 10 radio. I"m having diffaculty programing the radio. I find it coplicated and the book it came with is no help. I can't figure out how to set up the tail roter. I have to move the rudder stick over to one side to arm the esc then the moter spins like mad at neutral stick. I have burned out one moter already trying to get this to work. Does anyone have experiance with this type of set-up? or with this radio? I fear I will have to sell the radio and buy another with easier programing, Futaba 9 cap? any help would be appreciated. I used the HeliHobby site to set up my seperates but there programming does not match my radio's.

Wayne
Old 01-15-2005, 05:15 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Piccolo&JR radio

If you were going to get a Futaba, get the 9CHP rather than the 9CAP. The throttle on the CHP does not have the ratchety feel that plagues heli pilots using airplane transmitters.
But I suspect that the JR you have is completely up to the task.
Have you ever had this heli working on another transmitter?
What gyro are you using?
What battery? (cell count)
Old 01-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Pietdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Piccolo&JR radio

I'll take your advice on the radio. I have not flown it before and it was purchased used from someone who said that he had flown it, But I do not know on which Tx. I have completly rebuilt the machine as it was in very poor condition when I got it. It has a GWS 03 gyro and GWS ESCs. I have everything set-up and working with the exception of programing the radio to run the ESC/tail rotor. I am using both 2 and 3 cell 1200 Li-Pollies. I do not know what the battery has to do with the tail rotor however. This appears to be stricktly a programing issue. The JR PCM 10 radio is also used and new to me. I have the manual for it but after weeks of trial and error I have made no progress. This radio is complex and makes little to no sense to me. I'm really looking for help in how to get this radio to work with elictrics. I have spent a lot of money and time on this and am getting very fustrated. I hate sell it all but I fear that no one but factory sponsered pilots actually fly these things. Wayne