Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Seperates for HB

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Seperates for HB

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 11:26 PM
newheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seperates for HB

Bought Hummingbird V3 FP, ready to fly, yeah right. I am a beginner and learned to trim by trial and error. Crashed several times while learning to trim. Bought several replacement parts. I am currently hovering through entire battery pack, awesome! Have not crashed since. However I have found that the 3 in one control unit is very skittish. I will start running with a solid tail for a couple minutes. Eventually the tail will start to rotate. I can counteract this by slowly trimming this out. After several minutes I will run out of trim. I can turn the mix screw slightly up and back to it original position and every thing will be fine again. Limited time only.
Here's my question in my rush to keep spare parts for this heli I bought a hummingbird elite V3 heli only.
I want to populate this heli with better parts that I can eventually cannibalize to use on a 3d nitro heli. I intend to upgrade my Elite 4 transmitter later and wish to use it for this Heli
I am currently looking at:
Gyro GY401
GWS 100
GWS 50
?? 6 channel receiver
?? servos 2X

Can I use the GWS 100 to control a brushless motor? If not is there a esc that can control a brushed motor and a brushless motor (anticipating upgrade to brushless in future)

I would appreciate any advice.
What receivers will work with Elite 4 transmitter yet be upgradeable to transmitters like the Futuba 9?
Will the 3 in 1 receiver crystal I have now work with the new 6 ch receiver.
Am I missing anything?
Do I need to upgrade my motors? batteries? (8.4 NiCad's)
Do I need a mixing board?
Where is the Gyro gain and main motor gain set?
Thanks for your help
Old 01-16-2005, 07:23 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seperates for HB

You will not be able to use the futaba gy401 with a 4 channel trasmitter. The gy401 requires an additional channel to set the remote gain.
The gy240 does not have this requirement.
I know of no ESCs that will do both brushed and brushless motors.

I suggest that you separate your requirements from the future nitro heli. Build an appropriate micro heli. In the future, build a nitro heli. Why make both efforts the same. Why canablize the electric? Are you going to stop flying inside on rainy days when you have the nitro? I don't think so.