Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

First Micro Helli.....Confused

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

First Micro Helli.....Confused

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Snyperx
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Micro Helli.....Confused

Ok, I have been researching micro electric heli's all day and must say I am utterly confused. I am trying to buy a RTF micro heli for no more then $250. I would like to have one that has a rear shaft driven rotor? I also would like one that is CP ready out of the box. I already have Hitec Eclipse 7 channal Tx I can use. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out what brands are good, what ones are knock-offs etc. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have had a few poeple try and help me, but have to admit i feel more confused now. Any insight/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:10 AM
ChopperMike

Default RE: First Micro Helli.....Confused

You're gonna have a hard time getting into a CP shaft drive tail rotor heli with that budget. Any heli that fits the bill will be better part of $200 alone, minuse electronics. I have about $600 in my Shogun not including TX or support equipment. The only ones I'm aware of that could be gotten for what you've budgeted would be a Hummingbird or the like.

Mike
Old 01-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Snyperx
My Feedback: (11)

I guess I better stay away from the helis for now then. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:36 AM
ChopperMike

I didn't mean to be overly negative but, unfortunately, helicopters are not the cheapest form of R/C. You can learn to fly and have fun with the fixed pitch micro's like the Hummingbird. But you also have to factor in the cost of spare parts (you WILL need spare parts) extra battery packs, etc.

Mike
Old 01-16-2005, 11:42 AM
fredycompean

Yep, it's endless and VERY addictive. I think I have to go to a support group before I go bankrupt!

I also studied micro helis quite a bit before I made my desition and I went for the T-Rex. Sims to be the best choice out there. I do have some of the electronics though, so I only ended up spending about $350.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:55 AM
fireplug1111
My Feedback: (21)

I just got a Shogun for 208.00 from helihobby. WWW.HELIHOBBY.COM

Excellent place, its in California and I live in Central Fl ordered it on Thursday and got it on Saturday.

AWESOME
Old 01-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Ge Force

yea but im sure that shogun dosnt include everything u need to fly , a complete kit cost hundreds of dollars!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:35 PM
adr_ian64

hi, I know a really good deal for a Hummingbird heli. Go [link=http://www.centuryheli.com/products/helikits/cn1020_hummingbird/cn1020v3/1020b.htm?currentid=10]Here[/link]

Go down to the "Hummingbird Kit Holiday Specials". If you buy there, you get a free crash kit and trainning gear! CP is at the top of the list, and the fixed pitch combos are in the middle. It's straight from Century so there no middle man!

Hummingbird helis are a really good heli. I never hear any bad things about them(just setup issues like any other heli out there)

Whatever you get, have fun