Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

truckzilla

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 01:53 AM
nitrobhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truckzilla

just got an ss kit, and am pondering weather to get the truckzilla kit for it, well wots the story on it, will it still be durable as it is longer, will it bend easer jumping and bashing about, wot about the massive 46 engine and those big wheels, will they break cause they look like low profile tyres.
it looks an awsome truck.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:23 AM
Exibit

Default RE: truckzilla

I have just ordered my Savage SS Kit + Pico P3 Monster + Truckzilla sports conversion

I did not want to go for the 4.6 engine - after reading on this forum and other forums it seems that the 4.6 is not that good. Crank - con rod - bearing problems.

I would think that the Pico will produce the same if not better performance in the long run.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:02 AM
nitrohead5300

I think that Exbit has the right idea except I would put a SH .28 in there instead of a pico. I have a Truckzilla with the .46 size motor in it I had a problem with the spring pin assembly, which is part of the pullstart system, the spring & pin popped out and destroyed my motor. But hot bodies took care of me and replaced everything . I think you would really like the sportzilla because you get to make the engine selection and gearing, you have more freedom of choice so you can design the sportzilla truck to meet your specific needs
Old 01-29-2005, 05:00 PM
nitrobhoy

thanx guys for the info, but ??? wot about durability for the truckzilla for being longer in length
Old 01-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Vintage_Duff

you can just buy the longer TVP's buy them selfs
Old 01-29-2005, 05:21 PM
neil.jb

the big wheels put lots of strain on your drive train and the engine is absolute crap, but other than that its great
Old 01-29-2005, 05:22 PM
nitrobhoy

yep but u still need 2 buy all the gear go with it???
Old 01-29-2005, 05:26 PM
neil.jb

just dont bother, get an sh.28 and some 40 series wheels and tires, your truck will be much faster than any crappy zilla then
Old 01-29-2005, 05:36 PM
cardriverx

yeah the big tires could only do more bad that good, they would kill your drivetrain.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:57 PM
nd2xlr8

I have owned a Truckzilla and had only minor problems. If you go ahead and do the spyder gear mod you will save yourself some grief. I got rid of the heavy tire's first thing. If you can buy a kit without the tire's, that would probably be your best bet. The tvp's ar 4mm instead of the stock 3mm so durability shouldn't be an issue.