Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba reciever problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 09:42 PM
AlanFujii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba reciever problem?

I just installed a Futaba R203HF reciever in my AE T4 which is the one that came with my 3PK. I was experiencing problems with my trottle flipping on me in midrun. I finally decided it was the ESC and I replaced it with a Novak XRS Sport Reversible. It not flipping on me anymore but somethings wrong. I properly turn on the transmitter and then the car and set the trottle for forward. The car seems ready but when I run it there are intermittant times where I lose trottle response and then it goes again. It's not batteries since I have changed to serveral different packs. I was reading in the manual that the reciever needs to use digital ESC and Servo. Could this be my problem? The servo seems to be working fine. I have a Airtronics ERG-VR High Speed aluminum gear servo.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:15 PM
AlanFujii

Default RE: Futaba reciever problem?

Well, no answers. So I went to Ultimate Hobbies today and ask them what they thought the problem might be. The guy I talked to seemed to think that it would be only the servo that I would have problems with if it wasn't digital. He was suggesting that I call Noval and see if it was on their side. I told him that I had strong feelings that it had to do with the receiver because I had problems with the LRP ESC also. So I wanted to buy the new Synthesized FM module and corresponding receiver. He had the module but no receiver. I ended up buying a AM receiver that would go with my AM module (I had bought it anyway to run Mini Z's). Long story short, I stuck that in and my problems are gone.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:17 PM
3absi

Hi,
I might not be answering your question but i'm wondering if i have the same problem (your previous problem)?
I just received my RC10T4 SE rtr, and its throttle suddenly stop responding while i still can control the steering,, then it work again,,
i noticed that if you push the car with my hand while pulling the throttle trigger it will start moving again.
If this was your problem too, kindly let me know how did you solve't, i'm guising between the ESC or the Motor for replacing..
Old 02-05-2005, 11:52 PM
AlanFujii

My poblem specially was initial due to my replacing the stock receiver with the Futaba digital receiver. Bottom line the digital receiver requires a digital ESC and servo. So once I replaced the receiver with an analog one my problem went away. I'm assuming that you are still using everything stock as you had received it. One thing that I learned later was to meticulously follow the turn on procedures. The transmitter go on first and then the car and then you must pull the trigger so the car is set with the trigger and forward movement matched. Other than that you're initial conclusions are probably right.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:18 AM
3absi

Thank You,
Old 02-06-2005, 08:22 AM
auto2

your brush is hanging up in your motor.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:18 AM
3absi

Thanx alot AUTO2,
you are 100% right, because i just replace the reciever & speed control and the problem is still there,