Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Dumb question...I can't hook it up....Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Dumb question...I can't hook it up....Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 07:33 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb question...I can't hook it up....Help

I have a cable and the FMS simulator on disk...bought it before I knew you could get it free. The cable has a pin that fits one of my tx's but the other end, the one that goes into the computer has a connector with screws and 5 pins at the top and 4 on the bottom. The others I've seen plug into the USB port on the front of my CPU (recent Dell). Can any one help...please do not get to technical, Im computer challenged. Thanks in advance Dave
Old 02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
NdFrSpeed
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Dumb question...I can't hook it up....Help

Not sure,,but the plug should match up with one of your plugs on the back,,,then hook it up and see what happens.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

If you dont have the pin connection in the back for a remote port, then you have to go to your local electronics store or Radio Shack and pick up a adapter to convert the pin connecter over to the USB type adapter. Try this site http://www.ebusinesscables.com/conversion_products.htm Hope that helps......
Old 02-05-2005, 03:22 PM
tucker1865

OK..found a port on the back and got it running...The plane that appears is a Sukhoi whatever and it just runs off the runway and disappears. I clicked the proper port selection when asked. I took the crystal out of the radio, cause I have heard stories about damage. Do I need antenna up. Im lost.....yes battery is in and charged. Im lost again. The sticks do nothing in respect to controlling the plane. Thanks for any help offered. Dave
Old 02-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tucker1865

OK..found a port on the back and got it running...The plane that appears is a Sukhoi whatever and it just runs off the runway and disappears. I clicked the proper port selection when asked. I took the crystal out of the radio, cause I have heard stories about damage. Do I need antenna up. Im lost.....yes battery is in and charged. Im lost again. The sticks do nothing in respect to controlling the plane. Thanks for any help offered. Dave
Under "Control Panel" there's a place to calibrate joysticks and other controllers. You'll have to make an entry for the controller and calibrate it. Sounds like you haven't done that.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 02-05-2005, 05:29 PM
tucker1865

Thanks Dave..I'll give a try...What a helpless feeling...My wife is still laughing. Dave
Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 AM
tucker1865

I cant get any response when I try to calibrate...Its like the interface cable is not working...It's new ..am I missing something. It is connected to the serial port in the back of my Dell.