Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I'm new and my engine keeps stallin'

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Herbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new and my engine keeps stallin'

I recently bought a used sportwerks mayhem rtr. Most times the thing just stalls as soon as i touch the throttle. If i baby the throttle and i get it up to a good speed, it will eventually stall. The gears also make a lot of noise when it runs. I spaced the motor and the tranny with a piece of notebook paper like i was told when i first set the thing up, and have since adjusted it several different ways but still get the grinding.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:36 PM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: I'm new and my engine keeps stallin'

Your first problem with the stalling is do to the low speed needle setting being too rich. Lean it out a little by turning it 1/8th of a turn clock wise and try it again until it stops stalling. The grinding noise is most likely your gear mesh(too tight or too loose), is the spur gear or clutch bell worn at all? Make sure the motor is mounted securely to the chassis also.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:04 PM
housemetal

Default RE: I'm new and my engine keeps stallin'

joes75 is right, but what if the engine was beat up already and has bad compression? also the engine head should not be fire engine hot to the touch. someone could have leaned it out so much the its on its last leg.

rcgt 10
rc 10 t3
cen fun factor