Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Fuel lines and Tank set up

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:21 PM
TOYCANNON
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel lines and Tank set up

Could someone map out for me the fuel line and tank set up basics for the following gaser: Wild Hare 504T 28%, Da-50R, and using the DA fuel dot. If someome could explain from where to where the fuel lines run, I would be most thankful. This is all new to me.
Thanks in advance!
Toycannon
Old 02-06-2005, 02:34 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: Fuel lines and Tank set up

I am just now setting up my WH 28% Extra but I've done a lot of research. There are even pictures that explain the way it needs to be set up.

There are two choices:

1. A two line setup uses a "T" between the fuel tank clunk line and the carburetor. Gas engine carburetors have a diaphram that keeps the fuel from flooding the carburetor. The vent line should be routed BEHIND the tank to keep fuel from running out during down lines, then out the bottom of the aircraft. A filter should also be placed on the vent line to keep dirt from entering the fuel tank.

2. A three line setup uses a vent line as decribed above, a fuel line that goes from the clunk line in the tank straight to the carburetor ( no "T" ), and a fill line that goes from the fuel dot to the fuel tank.

Pictures of each follow, I borrowed them from another post. I just did a search and found tons of info on this subject.
Attached Images   
Old 02-08-2005, 10:20 AM
tom_to_build

Hi FLYNTIGER,
Great help for me setting up my first gasser a Kankge Monocoupe with G26. Say I was thinking of using a B&B smoke system. Are you familiar, it uses the engines pressure (tapped) rather then an electric pump? Any suggestions for fuel line and tank options for smoke sytems. I still have not bought the engine or smoke system yet.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pumped systems usually work better for smoke. Any of the pumpers are relatively good if you go that route. Something to remember is that the last couple of inches of fluid line going to the muffler must be neoprene due to the high temperatures. Normal tygon will melt.

As for the fuel system, being cheap and lazy, I usually go with a two line system that uses a "T" for a fuel dot in the engine supply line. Running the vent line out the bottom of the plane by going through the landing gear floor helsp keep the plane cleaner.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Could you email me bigger versions of these pictures?
If so, thanks!
Geistware

ORIGINAL: FlyinTiger

I am just now setting up my WH 28% Extra but I've done a lot of research. There are even pictures that explain the way it needs to be set up.

There are two choices:

1. A two line setup uses a "T" between the fuel tank clunk line and the carburetor. Gas engine carburetors have a diaphram that keeps the fuel from flooding the carburetor. The vent line should be routed BEHIND the tank to keep fuel from running out during down lines, then out the bottom of the aircraft. A filter should also be placed on the vent line to keep dirt from entering the fuel tank.

2. A three line setup uses a vent line as decribed above, a fuel line that goes from the clunk line in the tank straight to the carburetor ( no "T" ), and a fill line that goes from the fuel dot to the fuel tank.

Pictures of each follow, I borrowed them from another post. I just did a search and found tons of info on this subject.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Here's some other pictures I've found here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_56.../tm.htm#567773
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36926.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	226576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95943.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	226577  
Old 02-18-2005, 09:25 PM
TOYCANNON
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks, Flyin Tiger and everyone else for the input. Great pictures and explanations!
Stay near the middle of the sky, don't go near the edges!
Toycannon
Old 02-19-2005, 08:11 AM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

Toycannon, check out this website: http://www.edge540t.com/ , this guy has good pictures

hope this helps, Buchtes