Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Digital Servos and battery life

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 02:46 AM
ieattraxxas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Servos and battery life

How much of a decrease in battery life should I expect w/ a digital servo, specifically I have a Hitec HSC-5998 Digital Servo on order that I plan on using for my savage. Yes I know it is overkill, but I'm putting Jumbomaxx's on it and I want TOP performance. I already put a ofna sterring mod on my Savage which helped alot too. When I orderred this servo I did not realize it was digital and have since read that digital seriously kills battery life. Anyone have a digital on there savage and if so how does your hump pack handle it? I'm using and hpi hump pack and want to know if that will power my new Servo for a day at a time? any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:46 PM
ed260z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Digital Servos and battery life

It's not so much that it's digital. It's the power that the servo puts out. I have the same servo, and the RX last me 1 hr before I notice a drop in perf. But I've run for over 2 hr straight with no worries.