Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Dave Patrick Ultimate 40

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Dave Patrick Ultimate 40

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 06:20 AM
lagCisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave Patrick Ultimate 40

hey guys i was wondering how you guys ran the pull pull cables on this little aerobat?

im having a hell of a time.. im almost thinking of removing the covering just to do it correctly but i dont really want to do that..
Old 09-11-2002, 08:11 PM
bipeaddict

lagcisco,

I don't understand your question. I followed the instructions to the letter.

As far as fishing them through the fuselage I used the washer on a thread technique. Tape or ca to the end of the pull pull wire. Draw the line on through. I have also used the stiff music wire technique. Same concept as above.

I didn't encounter any problem other than getting the pull pull cables wound together or crossed.

The second time around, first one crashed, I modified the pull pull on the elevator based on ysman's suggestion. This turned out to be less complicated than the original per the book install.

Jim
Old 09-11-2002, 08:16 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Here's a link to the thread with the details on his install: http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...961&forumid=57

Anyone got a better pic? The one he supplies is a little fuzzy..
Old 09-12-2002, 12:25 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone put the rudder servo in the tail on this one? Seems better idea rather than add tail weight plus you can center elevator servo in tray (less differential with pull) and easier. Am I going to be the first?
Old 09-12-2002, 03:41 AM
ysman-RCU

Hey Guys,

I will post more pictures using my quick cam and try
to filter for better resolution. I can't seem to get my hands on
a digital camera right now and as far as buying one... well lets
say a 140 DZ looks a lot better than a digital picture of a 140DZ.
I will post the pics on my original thread very soon.

ysman
Old 09-12-2002, 08:02 PM
lagCisco

the problems i have are mostly with the elevator, theres alot of slack on one side when i give it full deflection on either side, i suspect it has to do with the location i made the hole in the fuse and ran the wires out.. i think i may have to re-do the wires and put new holes..

anyone have a close-up picture of their dpm ultimate's rear-end?
Old 09-12-2002, 11:31 PM
bipeaddict

As long as the wires (top and bottom) are taunt when the elevator is in the neutral position you are fine. If you give full up elevator and the lines are loose on the bottom and vice versa that is normal. How loose they are is a function of how far off the hinge line your control horns are. They should alway be positioned on or slightly behind the hinge line for pull pull.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	25683_4392.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	16180  
Old 09-13-2002, 01:26 AM
mvigod
Banned

I noticed the direction on the clevis/eye part just shows the wire looped through and wrapped followed by some CA. Did anyone use a crimp, solder or anything else to secure the wires? Seems risky to trust a loop and CA.

Also, just measured distance from firewall to front of cowl and it's around 4 1/4". Problem is the Saito 80 requires about 4.5" and that's if I figure out a way to get the carb just 1/16th from the firewall (mounts get in way of carb). As it is now with the mount I'm well over 4.75" from the firewall because of the mounts and 1/2" between backplate of spinner & cowl is too ugly. Any ideas?

Has anybody else have only 4 1/4" from firewall to front of cowl? Directions say should be just under 4.5"

And I thought I'd have this done tonight!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:46 AM
lagCisco

there definetly slack on my pull pull cables when the controls are fully deflected, my control horns holes arent exactly on hinge line, theyre a little off, only enough to where i can get full throw for that tail surface

(by full throw i mean the angle on the bevel of the control surface is vertical)
Old 09-13-2002, 01:48 AM
lagCisco

hmm.. on second look on the picture posted i see that theyre using different control horns and those dont have the lower holes that would have rubbed and prvented full throw.. i think thats what im going to do.. either new horns or shave off some of the lower holes
Old 09-13-2002, 01:53 AM
mvigod
Banned

I had to shave off lower holes on the rudder but it was not necessary on the elevator with the horns provided (mine did not look like those in his picture)
Old 09-13-2002, 12:07 PM
bipeaddict

You have to shave off the bottom of the horns on the rudder. On the second go around I replaced stock horns with Robart Horns. They are a ball horn which allows for a little better alignment. No binding.