Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

jetcat residual thrust

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 11:55 AM
sky warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetcat residual thrust

I have a P120 and its great! I am using it in a DL Aramacchi M339 obviously not at full thrust except upwards!
What is the difference if any between the P80 and the P120 at 35,000 base rev . Can the 120 be reduced SAFELY to (?) rpm and not have spool up problems. The unit is about 8 months old and not the latest software. Can the ECU be upgraded to the latest software if necessary and useful to help the above?
The unit uns at 1/2 throttle (1/2 stick) most of the flight can you indicate a thrust /rpm graph for use in the future.
Can you help please?
Old 09-14-2002, 03:36 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hello

Very sorry for the late reply, I tried to reach Bob Wilcox today but I think he went on a littel vacation for the weekend.

Here is the basic situation on the idle RPM.

THe default setting is a good safe setting for normal installations. It can be safely reduced in an engineered duct, installation like a BVM Bandit. In an external mount like a BobCat it should be left at 35K to be safe.

I am not that familiar to the 339. Does it have a bypass?

If so the RPM can be reduced, I would start at 34K then to 33k.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:51 AM
sky warrior

Mr Matt
Thanks for the reply:
Yes the 339 has a proper and seemingly efficient bypass manufactured by DL models Canada I understand.
It seems to work very well as far as temperature of the fuselage is concerned and gives a fairly short auto/cool time.
I will try reducing in increments as your advice.
What will indicate it does not like it first.. hesitant spool up or starting problems?
Old 09-15-2002, 11:23 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by sky warrior

What will indicate it does not like it first.. hesitant spool up or starting problems?
Unfortunately, a flame out on fast acceleration
Old 09-15-2002, 11:28 PM
sky warrior

Thanks Matt :
Flame outs are not a consideration and as I have never had any problem AT ALL with the 120 incl hot starts etc. I suspect I shall just leave things alone and learn to long flair the approach or fit an air brake !! I already have crow braking diallled in at 5mm.
Thanks again