Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Lazy Tiger P 51 CG

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Lazy Tiger P 51 CG

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:23 AM
tomd-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lazy Tiger P 51 CG

Hello,

I am about to balance my Lazy Tiger, but am a little confused about the location of the CG.
The manual calls for " 4 to 4 1/4 (on the main spar)" from the leading edge ..
However the leading edge is tapered (the taper is about 1 inch). If I balance near the fuselage as per instructions, the main spar is at 5 inches. The spar is, however at 4 inches at the last rib of the wing. So where should I balance it ?
Old 03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lazy Tiger P 51 CG

I just pulled out the wing from my crashed Lazy Tiger....the main spar looks like it starts at 4 1/4" back from the LE.....I would start with 4 1/4" as my balance point. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where I balanced mine.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
forestroke

Default RE: Lazy Tiger P 51 CG

i used my CG machine and balanced it at 4 1/2" measuring right next to the fuse. for some reason mine came out tail heavy with a 32SX so couldn't get it exactly where it was suppose to be. flies fine though! i would suggest you always balance it next to the fuse as this is where the instructions always ask you to do. conservative CG is generally ahead of the main spar and is what you should be flying for the maiden.

remember, if its nose heavy you can always move back the CG later. if its tail heavy, you may never get the chance.