Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

HVP Albatross...any building tips?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

HVP Albatross...any building tips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:28 AM
drobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVP Albatross...any building tips?

I know this model was mentioned in a previous thread but that thread is a couple of years old.

Looking for any tips from anyone who has built and flown this model.

(Although new to flight last year, it's my second seaplane. I've put floats on a Super Miss with good results.)

To start, I'm wondering about power options. The kit recommends 400 or 480's. I put an Axi in the Super Miss and really like the way it flies. I'd like to go BL with with this Albatross, but am not sure what that will do to prop selection.

(With 400's, the kit recommends 6x4's.)

Any ideas?

I'd also like to ask if anyone has a suggestion for simulating the sheet metal panels on the fibreglass fuselage. Do you simply score them?

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
sb855

Default RE: HVP Albatross...any building tips?

Hi. I bought one and did alot of research on what to use. I was going to go 15-16-5 mega's ,And modify it with flaps and a water rudderand a 8ooomah li-poly batt. I thought I was in a little over my head and got a price quote to build it, seemed reasonable so I sent it off with cks. for about $1000 for parts (sorvos motors Controllers etc. ) never to see it again but they cashed my cks. good ol Custom Built Models out of Yerington NV. I sent it off last FEB,04 Was suppose to be done July 04' now they shut down there website and wont reply Steve
Old 03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
drobie

Default RE: HVP Albatross...any building tips?

Depressing story Steve.