Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport Wing Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport Wing Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 PM
B767
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurosport Wing Question

Ok guys, here is a dumb question.
I am building the Composit ARF Eurosport and for the world of me cannot make heads or tails from the instructions on how to install the control arms in the elevons. The manual indicates just draw a line from servo horn straight back to the elevon and cut a slot!!! This I get, but my question is there no hard point in the elevon where the control horn will be glued to???? or do I just cut a slot and fill aeropoxy in the hole???
Also any one out there who has made the Euro with quad elevons in other words where do you cut the elevon in half and again where would you install that control horn??? Which by the way is not included with the kit. My manual has no reference to this setup.
Any input would be appreciated before I cut in to the elevon and make a mess of things.
Thanks to all
Doug
Old 03-05-2005, 09:33 PM
ossie

Default RE: Eurosport Wing Question

G'day Doug,
I found the same problem with mine (version 1). Of the 4 control horns I fitted only 1 had a balsa block epoxied in the correct position.
Here's what I did -
1. I cut the holes in the elevons for the control horns ensuring the control rods would be at 90deg to the hinge line. Its here where I found the blocks not located in the correct position.
2. I cut the elevons in half, parallel to the longitudinal axis. When you do this you'll then be able to see much easier inside the elevon, this was the case on mine, the inner balsa block obscured the location of the outer balsa block when viewed from the wing root.
3. I then shaped, fitted and epoxied the balsa blocks in their correct location for the control horns, I then slotted the balsa so the control horns fitted neatly in the elevon.

I've used JR matchboxes to match the servos on my setup. The inner elevons are hooked up to the matchboxes, the outers are directly to the powerbox. This will give me some redundacy if I have a matchbox fail.
All's work very well so far.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Ken
Old 03-06-2005, 12:00 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, I drew the line, took a dremel, hogged out a HUGE hole, and placed the horn in there and put a ton of aeropoxy and then masking tape to put everything in place.

No issues
Old 03-06-2005, 07:15 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. The instrucction manual clearly says. When cut the elevons for dual servos to put a pice of hard wood for the location of the control horn. Also understand that if only use one servo and does not have support for the horn to supply that support. Read the manual carefully. I was reading that dame maunal for 11 month in the F..K Iraqui Fre...m. If I can read a manual in war, why can you don't in home? Everything have instructions for a porpuse. Some are great some don't and this is a fact!

RGS
Old 03-06-2005, 02:08 PM
ShaneUSMC
My Feedback: (1)

Doug,
Which manual are you looking at. The new one has much more info in it than the older one did. I used to have a copy of the old, but I bought a new Eurosport and the new manual does give you specifics about how to add a block of wood in the Elevon if it is located in the wrong place. Pages 19-21 in the new manual cover this. They don't cover the cutting of the Elevon for the dual servo set up though. You can download this manual from the Comp-ARF website. Hope this help.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:50 PM
B767

Guys thanks so much for the input, great feedback from both Ken and Shane.
As to your question Shane I must have the old manual, in fact I know I have the old manual.
I read one of the other responses to my post and I though I must be nuts, so I looked very carefully and my manual has NOTHING about the elevons as far as wood blocks or location of such or where to cut the elevon.
After reading your respose Ken, I examined the wing itself and after running my finger hard on the bottom surface of the elevon I could feel a block of wood, the bad part is it is not even close to where CARF want me to cut the hole for the control horn (off by about 1 1/2"), so I will cut a hole in the front former on the elevon and aeropoxy a block of wood in the area where it should have had a block.
I guess Carf must have had quality assurance issues with the older Euro's, I have found several issues with this plane, including pretty hefty shipping damage, however all have been fairly easy to resolve and Ray Labonte has been awesome with customers service.
Thanks again guys.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:38 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also download the manual online from C_ARF web site. Is on the fantasy-red one. PDF files
Old 03-06-2005, 11:06 PM
B767

Now that is the manual I wish they had included the first time around, what a difference.
Thanks Guys
Old 03-07-2005, 12:15 AM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

Here is what I did with mine.

Hope the pictures helps.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27155.jpg
Views:	37