Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Yellow F-15?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Yellow F-15?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:12 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow F-15?

Gearing up the F-15 and it's built with the receiver in the nose. My concern is. The four servos in the tail will require 5 ft of lead to get to the receiver.
The ECU tray goes behind the cockpit. I was thinking of switching the two around. This would put more nose weight up front and reduce the leads by 2 feet.

This seems like a good idea. Was looking for some input on this.

I'm not concerned about my fuel line being long. My Bob Cat is set up simular to what I'm thinking of doing.
I'd just hate to get to swapping things around and at the end, find out it's not going to work.

I don't see why it wouldn't, but if someone has tried this and failed. Please let me know.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2005, 09:45 PM
jkeze
My Feedback: (36)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Yellow F-15?

I tried to build my like the plans show. After seeing how much room I have to get my fingers in the nose after putting in the cockpit I only put the tray holding the retract and brake valves there. Even that is a disaster with all those lines up there. If youtry and put the receiver up there that add to even more stuff up there with it being very difficult to keep it neat.

The second one now after buying the right tanks for it has two trays behind the cockpit one below the other. The upper one has the ECU,pump, solenoids, on it and the lower has the retract and brake valves, servos and receiver on it. I think this is a much cleaner install. The only thing in the nose is the nose wheel steering servo. Dont worry about balance as the first one came out just about perfect.

My 2 cents.

Jack
Old 03-07-2005, 06:38 PM
clguru
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Yellow F-15?

you have pictures???
Old 03-07-2005, 07:43 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)