Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

on or off

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:19 PM
GoldenPoint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default on or off

ok ive posted many posts about wut car i should get and i already have 2 choices 1s off road and 1s on...so i would like to no wut ppl prefer..should i get on road or off
Old 03-08-2005, 12:38 AM
nitros_rule

Default RE: on or off

depends on what your looking to do
Old 03-08-2005, 09:29 AM
thumpin15s

My vote is offroad. For a couple reasons. One being that with offroad, you have the better of both worlds. You can drive an offroad R/C offroad (obviously) AND onroad, where as if you get a car its strictly onroad. This way you can kind of decide if you want to be jumping and driving over stuff, or just going really fast and have good handling. So my vote is something offroad like a stadium truck.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:35 PM
GT-Power
My Feedback: (3)

yea and if you really want to get pretty quick onroad get a set of shocks for a touring car or buggy to lower it and stiffen up the springs and oil and get street tires and a higher clutchbell if you run nitro and bam you got a very competent street racer for maybe 75 dollars with new tires and rims even!

this is for a nitro stadium truck FYI
Old 03-08-2005, 02:40 PM
lilcurtis
My Feedback: (4)

like other people said it really depends on what your looking to do. for all out versitility you cant beat on off-raod truck. with on-raod you are very limited as to where you can drive. If your looking for torque then go with an MT, but if looking for speed / handling then go with a ST. In my opinion, MTs are the most fun simply because there is nowhere they cant go. i alwys used to take mine with me when i would go 1:1 4-wheeling. i own a ST as well, but have found i generally only use it for jumping or racing around the track. but when im just at home i ALWAYS use the MT.

that being said, depending on where you live, the choice of car will make a big difference. if you happen to live in a city or somewhere with not a lot of off-raod terrain, then an on-raod car could be fun simply because they tend to be a bit faster and handle a little better for on-road surfaces.

but for overall fun factor, versitility, and power, i would go with an off-raod.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:04 PM
GoldenPoint

if i live in L.A not alot of offroad in my area but lots of crack and bumps on streets from like earthquake..
Old 03-08-2005, 09:58 PM
InfinitySpeed04

go with a stadium truck because they are pretty versatile. With a quick change of tires you casn go from on road to off. If you want to keep your off road tires on, chances are you are gonna burn em down to nothin like me. I have tons of tread but after a couple days, nutin but slicks! A stadium track is a good choices for any surface.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Black_Ghost_FN

I prefer offroad. I have an X-Cellerator ST and Im planning on buying the Revo. I just wouldn't like spending so much $ on an onroad car and be restricted to parking lots and stuff.