Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

OS 46 FX and AX

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Hueb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 46 FX and AX

Hello there,

I have an OS .46 FX and AX.
They seem to run very similarly.
Can I use these two engines together for a twin or do they need to be exactly the same.
Also what are some plane sugesstions for a twin arf or kit that would do aerobatics.
Thanks
Neil
Old 03-09-2005, 01:19 PM
SteveTrofemuk

Default RE: OS 46 FX and AX

Good question. I would assume if the RPM matches on both engines throughout the throttle range you should be good. Then again, does one spool up faster then the other? That would have an adverse yaw affect and would be bad...

As far as kits go--many people here are recommending the Twin-Air .45 from Northeast Aero (www.ne-aero.com). I'm currently in the process of building one and have been impressed so far with the build and the quality of materials. As far as flying--many say it flies well and the directions say if you want more acrobatic aircraft you can take out some dihedral. Give it a look.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:22 PM
SteveTrofemuk

They should probably weigh the same as well...Balance nose to tail and wing tip to wing tip.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Neil:

Mixig types of engines is not a good idea on a twin. Even with "Identical" engines there are some variations from one to the next.

That having been said, you can probably get away with it in this case. Personally, I wouldn't want to have obviously different engines from an apperance standpoint, even if their running was identical.

Just me.

Bill.