Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Trans. Help!!(Stealth)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Satyr69gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans. Help!!(Stealth)

Ok Rebuilt trans. Everything went back where it was supposed to after cleaning & ck'ng. it out. Tightend diff. all the way & backed off around 1\8 turn, & slipper about 1\4. Will barely move!! Tried holding both wheels & spinnning spur gear...Turns fairly easily. While running & holding 1 wheel the other still turns. While off & turning 1 wheel the other turns the opposite direction. I know thats right. What am I missing here. Plus out of curiousity, how do you adjust the diff without taking trans. off every time. The dogbones are in the way unless I'm missing somthing. Which could be as I'm fairly new at nitros. O yea, It's an RC10GT. Any & all help appreciated

Thankx
Old 03-13-2005, 07:09 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: Trans. Help!!(Stealth)

When you turn the spur you need to make sure the slipper slips before the diff does.
you look at the slipper plate while you are turning the gear to see which is slipping

To adjust the diff you take off the camber link on the spur gear side, then the dog bone will come out of the cup, make your adjustment and put it back together

p.s.,
When I adjust mine I hold the one wheel and the spur, while turning the opposite wheel
I find it easier to see whats slipping that way
Old 03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Satyr69gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trans. Help!!(Stealth)

Alright I,ll those a shot & see what happens. Thankx!