Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 35 with tuned pipe.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Boogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 35 with tuned pipe.

I am the proud owner of 2 MVVS motors- 3,5cm3 (.21) and 4,6cm3 (.28) both run gorgeusly. I really love them. Right now I am building 64 inch Pitts 12 and I am going to power it with mvvs 35 with tuned pipe. I encountered a problem. My father told me, that I am going to get the motor, after the model will be built, but I don't know where to make cut outs for tuned pipe, I don't know how long it should be and where the exit is. Can anyone draw me those size or just tell me them. The reference point is thrust line. I really need them now.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:29 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 35 with tuned pipe.

Boogie,

I cannot really help you with an exact diagram.

This fitting is usually done with all the parts in hand.

It is best for you to build the plane and after the engine is received, to cut the needed passages for the pipe and the header. Also, to add the mounting hardware for everything.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Boogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just hope not to have the pipe on the place of my wing tube Do You know the length of the tuned pipe then??
Old 03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pipe has a diameter of 40mm, and a total length from the cylinder backwards of 880mm.
Note the corrugated header part. That keeps the coupler section cool enough to allow the use fibre reinforced high temperature couplers. It also allows slight routing changes. The original header length has not been modified. RPM with Mejzlik 18x10 is 7900