Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

twinstar problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 11:40 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twinstar problems

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I flew the twinstar quite a bit this weekend. I'm flying os 40 LA's with 10 X 9 MAS props. Man, is that thing fast. And, it doesn't like to slow down for landings--but it sure is fun. Anyway, at the end of day one I noticed that the inboard CA hinge on the right wing was broke--like it had been cut with a razor, but I know it hadn't. Also, the right firewall was loose--had to reinforce it with some square stock. The triangle stock behind the firewalls is balsa--not very strong, especially for larger engines. If you're running larger engines, keep this in mind. Day two--no problems. Flew like a champ. Very fun plane to fly!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: twinstar problems

2slow2matter
You might want to go down on prop..
A 10x9 is wayy too much for the motor and
when running slower won't allow plane to slow down..

Drop on a 10x6 and motor will run cooler, better,
and plane will come in easier..

Also, I can't stress enough..

BALANCE PROPS..

This plane will not hold up to out of balanced props...
Old 03-23-2005, 12:11 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: twinstar problems

Yea, i started with 10 X 6 props, but had the 10 X 9 in my box and wanted to see what the plane was made of. The engines handled the 9's without a problem!!! I am going back to the 6's, though. In fact, I'm thinking of going to a 9 X 7 three blade or something like that--I like the looks of three bladers. And, twin three bladers--sweet.