Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

How was your holiday(any new arfs)?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

How was your holiday(any new arfs)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 12:25 AM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How was your holiday(any new arfs)?

Mine was quite nice,got up to find a big box in the living room with a new H9 Taylorcraft in it,this looks like a real beauty.
Old 12-26-2001, 04:22 AM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

Default H-9

A great Christmas for me also. I got the H-9 Taylorcraft with a Saito 150, H-9 182 with a Saito .56. I didn't think this was going to happen because I have been on layoff for a few weeks now. Recently picked up a new job just last Friday and start the first of the year. So with the new job and the new models, I would have to say that this has been the best X-mas for me in a long time.
Old 12-26-2001, 05:16 AM
Mode1
My Feedback: (10)

I received another aftershave (ugh), a case of decent wine (Beringer), a watch (Citizen Solar-Tech=gets it's power from light), another subscription to Men's Health and Model Builder magazines. BUT...I will get even Wednesday when I order what I really wanted from Horizon and other simular establishments. Happy New Year everyone. Bob
Old 12-27-2001, 12:22 AM
fourstar40
My Feedback: (27)

It was absolutly fabulous. I got a Greatplanes Cessna 182 .40 ARF. I have wanted a Cessna my whole RC career. I wanted a kit but there isn't a kit in a 40 size to be had. So what the heck.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:10 AM
irishcarbomb
My Feedback: (4)

Christmas was good for me too. i got the H9 Pizazz. really didn't think it'd be under that tree. i got all excited and figured i'd use my TT pro .46 but then, found that i had some xmas money to put towards a saito .72
only about half of the cost. will put it on the acct at the LHS.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:25 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wise ol Santa

Uproar,
Got a Saito 72 in my Pizazz, Great...
Found a GP Stuka under my tree. Will use one of my YS 91 AC engines in it and paint it Africa Corp colors.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:43 PM
joeyM

Default joeyM

wife got me a kyosho super stearman biplane--the quality looks great--heard some good reviews about this arf--both quality and flying wise--gonna' put a 4 stroke in it--also got an ace super smart charger......happy new year to all ...joe
Old 12-30-2001, 02:28 AM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Mrs. Santa was very good to me!!! Got a H9 Ultra Stick, H9 Edge 540, and a Magic!!!! Now I just have to find time to assemble them! Damn I love christmas!
Old 12-31-2001, 04:57 PM
George in TX

Default Christmas

Actually, we were in FL visiting my son and his family for Christmas this year and mostly we got cash or gift certificates from them. When we got back home Thursday night my neighbor called and left a message on my TAD saying "you've got a great big box over here that UPS brought while you were gone". It was a new H9 CAP 232 73" and some tools that I ordered before I left. I had tried to get it from Horizon, but they were sold out and said that it was discontinued so they wouldn't be getting any more. I gave Quantum a call and they still had a few for $199 with free shipping, so it was an even better deal. I already have a new Futaba 6XAS PCM radio for it and last night I ordered an OS FX 1.60 and a Bisson Pitts muffler to go in it. Now I've gotta save up for some quality STRONG servos for it. Christmas is really great, even when you give yourself what you wanted most! ;~)

Here's hoping everyone got what they most wanted for Christmas and has the Happiest New Year ever,

George in TX

Oh, yeah joeyM, 73's de KB5YP

"A landing is just a controlled crash"!
Old 12-31-2001, 11:45 PM
ifly2

Mrs Clause was also quite good to me. I got the new Futaba 9CAF radio, and the Realflight Classic (my pc will not handle G2).
I guess the wife hopes the sim will save me some $$ in the long term. Waiting for the package to arrive this week. It'll be like xmas all over.

Les
Old 01-01-2002, 02:10 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No R/C stuff for Christmas. My birthday is coming up in less than a week, and I have a strong suspicion that I am getting Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 2 and a joy stick. I am looking forward to that. Can't wait till I get good enough to get online and test my skills.

Eric
Old 01-02-2002, 01:13 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default GP 202

Hey guys,
My GF took the hint! I E-mailed her a link to Tower hobbies for the 199 special on the G-202 and she got it LOL! Alright, standby for some questions once assembly begins. I also got a gift certificate to Tower, and that will go towards the OS 1.6. Just have to figure out servos.
RickP
Old 01-02-2002, 03:33 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Default GP202

RickP,

Congrats on the GP202. They are beautiful arfs. I dont know if you had been to the other message board, but they had listed a few wing failures right around the spar joint. You might want to look at how they join the wing, and definately wrap it with some fiberglass to stiffen it. I believe the failures were right at the wing=fuse joint, where the leading edge of the wing cantelievers outward. You always hate to see a new one go in, specially when they get bigger, they get costly. Good luck, and let us see some pics when youre done.

Steve
Old 01-02-2002, 03:45 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thanks for the Heads up

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the warning. I went with the GP dispite reading about the posts. One fella at our field even experienced the failure himself. But man, how can you reisist 199? I fully intend on taking every precaution while assembling. There are also many who have sucessfully enjoyed these planes. I'll keep you posted.
RP
Old 01-02-2002, 06:17 PM
ifly2

My xmas just got better, I had my os 40 Surpass start really making a racket on the Seniorita. I think the case is letting bearins spin (it has been rebuilt twice that I know of) ... So a fellow flyer just offered me a Midwest Giles 202 with a YS 120, and a OS 48FS for a price I can not refuse. The 48 is a bit much, but I have flown the Seniorita with one in it, just need to use the Throttle less. It will work til I can decide what to do with the 40.

Hope everyone has great new year.

Les
Old 01-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Fly Elvi

Default XMAS Freebie!

Won a Global Freestyle at our club meeting just before Christmas.
Almost together but I had to go buy everything else that goes in it! Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-03-2002, 01:03 PM
DeadRinger

Default Ba---humbug

Santa missed my house by<<<>>>that much
If I had anymore airplane stuff I would be looking at 2005 before it is done...I am slow.
I did get a new Jacket and some Obsession fu fu. Both of which I really needed