Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

mvvs 160 gasser

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
tommydaspad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mvvs 160 gasser

Hi,

I have a mvvs red head 160 gasser, the problem i have is when i set the idle trim on the tranny and go to full throttle and then back to idle it almost quits and then slowly builds back up to higher revs at idle??.

The cowl is quite close about 1 cm to the the carb opening i.e between the cowl and opening.

Running a 18x8 nylon prop @ 50:1.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thx

Tom
Old 04-16-2005, 05:13 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mvvs 160 gasser

You probably have set your idle needle a bit too rich. Lean out , constantly checking for crisp transition in between. When you find the transition is not crisp anymore, open the needle 1/8 - 1/4 turn again. That sgould be the best general setting

Just to be sure, also check for slop in your control rods. First set up the engine idle using the mechanical stop screw on the carb. When the engine's needles have been set well, you can thereafter slack up the idle stop, and use the transmitter to stop the engine.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:27 PM
tommydaspad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mvvs 160 gasser

Thx i'll give it a go and see what happens, will report back.

Thx

Tom