Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA 1/4 scale Cub windshield info

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Balsa USA 1/4 scale Cub windshield info

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:39 PM
stuka
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Balsa USA 1/4 scale Cub windshield info

Can anyone tell me if someone makes a formed windshield for the 1/4 scale cub?Does anyone have any tips on making one with or without a plug.The plane is complete, but the windshield did not come out as well as I would like.Thanks.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Walter D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Balsa USA 1/4 scale Cub windshield info

Wndshield for the J-3's are easily made with flat acetate material and it doesn't require to be vacuum formed, first use pieces of card stock to get the final shape right and then cut the acetate one, it make take a few tries, but that's part of the fun of building.
The following users liked this post:
futabaflyer (11-11-2020)
Old 04-25-2005, 09:51 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Balsa USA 1/4 scale Cub windshield info

I also learned that Zap-A-Dap-A-Goo is a good product for attaching the windshield. If you get any of the goo on the windshied during the install, let it dry and clean it with gasoline. Gasoline is a great solvent for Zap-A-Dap-A-Goo. It also has some flex to it. It does take 24 hours to dry completely so be sure you attach the windshield securely. If you mess up the windshield material, SIG carries it. Do not apply heat to the windshield as it will deform it. it will go on correctly and it looks really nice without any special effort. Poster board, the kind that they use to make yard sale signs, works great for the pattern.