Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which first plane?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which first plane?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Darkace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which first plane?

I have never flown befor, but I do RC cars and realy have good coordination. I want to get an RC turbine jet that will go 200mph! How much do a jet cost? 300$ 500$
Old 05-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Which first plane?

ORIGINAL: Darkace

I have never flown befor, but I do RC cars and realy have good coordination. I want to get an RC turbine jet that will go 200mph! How much do a jet cost? 300$ 500$
Add 10k, to go 200
ROFLMAO
Old 05-10-2005, 07:54 PM
tschuy

Ha ha ha...you made me laugh... Try about $4500 (and that's cheap) and probably a good deal of stick time before you are even ready. Best course of action is to get involved with your local R/C Flying club and get started there. They may have a club trainer available which will give you a go at the sticks. Driving R/C cars is a skill all in itself and can be difficult to master if your one who competed. But flying R/C airplanes let along turbine jets is a whole different story.

Find a club and ask lots of questions.

Wish you the best...

Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Darkace

Fine then. I want to make my own from scratch. How to i do it?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Eddie Lozano

If you never flown any rc plane I suggest you start a 45 size prop trainer.
Then you can move up to what you call a ducted fan that can fly 150 mph + then you can decide if you want to continue to the next level. BTW the cost of a rc turbine jet starts at 5K and up.

EdLo
Old 05-10-2005, 08:03 PM
tschuy

ORIGINAL: Darkace

Fine then. I want to make my own from scratch. How to i do it?

Welll you are in the right place to get started. Start reading the posts in the Jet's forum. A great source of information and will help point you in the right direction. Then start doing searches on the internet for different Turbine suppliers and Turbine powered aircraft. I thing you'll learn very quickly on how much it is truly going to cost you. But if you really want to save yourself a lot of grief and money, do it right and do as Eddie Lozano suggested. Flying jets is not simple and demands a good deal of skill to do it right.

Cheers,
Old 05-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Darkace

R U SERIOUS? 5k? but im poor and i well never get it! can i build my own turbine?

Nevermind just disregard the whole thread.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

It is an expensive hobby at this end. Take a look at the market place and see how much some of the used jets are selling for... http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/category.cfm?catID=12

Not everyone can afford jets, that is a fact of life. However, if you are determined and willing to put a plan together, you can get there ...eventually.

If you are considering building a turbine, check out GTBA site, and ArtesJets, and Wren..... Starting from scratch you would need some decent machining skills and access to a lathe, milling machine, etc etc

Old 05-10-2005, 11:31 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You don't need a turbine at all to do 200 mph with a r/c airplane , you can achieve it with a prop plane (see the extreme speed prop models forum) or even with a specialized glider. But nothing
beats the roar of a turbine, and yes, they are expensive. That's is a fact, and it is a motivator (at least for me) to shift to a higher gear in life.

Best rgds, Enrique