Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

model tech magic extra 300l

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

model tech magic extra 300l

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 05:52 PM
knightmagic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default model tech magic extra 300l

Anyone with experience on this plane?
Old 05-22-2005, 09:00 PM
powerlines

Default RE: model tech magic extra 300l

I heard they are just like the magic. I did have a magic.. It was awesome. It was my Second plane. It was hot but sure fun. I enjoyed all of it.. I did look at the extra and started to buy one but got another type instead. Pacific Aer0 540! That was an awesome plane also..

LATER
Old 05-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one with an OS .50SX on the business end. This engine is a perfect match and plenty of power. I ran a Zinger 12X4 prop on it but its not much for 3D. If you use high rates on the Ailerons it will spin so fast it's hard to keep track of just how many spins it does, just how I like it Take offs are within 15' and lands like a trainer. It built tail heavy with not much room to move things around in the fuse. I had the battery pack standing up next to the firewall and it was still tail heavy. Had to add a weight to the nose but with the OS .50SX up front you never know the difference. Great little plane. I have mine for sale, moved to Profile planes.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:59 PM
skorman
My Feedback: (3)

Great plane. Mine has an OS 46AX which is plenty of power. Lot's of fun in the air and lands like a feather.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
djlyon

I'm currently flying one with a Norvel 40 and 12/4 apc. It weights 4lbs 10ozs and flys good. The Norvel will pull it out of a hover but not a rocket launch. It has a lot of pitch and roll coupling to rudder but nothing that can't be managed but still a neusance. There are about 5 of them flying at our field at the moment and all seem to be satisfied with them except for the covering. Lousy material.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:31 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice plane but please remember to iron all the trimmings down and use some CA/nail polish for the ends.