Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Maiden of 3m Extra

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 08:51 AM
japan3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden of 3m Extra

Well flew it on it's maiden sunday, flys better then it's little brother the 2.6m Extra. Freaked out the Japanese guys and my wife when I rolled it right after the first takeoff. Told them I wouldn't fly it like I do the 2.6. At least I didn't do any full throttle snap rolls with it yet. Spike is my security system for the plane.

The japanese guys who own the Comp-Arf 3m Extra say I should put a piece of carbon plate over my landing gear where it bolts to the airframe to keep the gear from breaking. Do any of you put anything over the gear?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40858.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	278135  
Old 05-30-2005, 10:23 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Maiden of 3m Extra

How do you think it is different from the 2.6? That is a beautiful plane and dog!~)

Joe
Old 05-30-2005, 07:25 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

What dog, I don't see a dog
ORIGINAL: Goekeli

How do you think it is different from the 2.6? That is a beautiful plane and dog!~)

Joe
Old 05-30-2005, 08:04 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Man, I think the plane looks small next to that dog. I'm happy all went well. The way the 3.0m flyes different than the 2.6m is such, that japan3d doesn't want to fly his 2.6m any more he he.
DKjens
Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
japan3d

As for flying the 2.6, I'll will continue to fly it, I am trying to see how much it can take before it explodes in the air. The guys I fly with expect it any day now. I put massive amounts of g forces on it. With the 3m I only got 2 flights (short ones) but it semed to have no coupling in knife edge during 4 point and slow rolls. It appears to be smoother all around then the 2.6. It only took one beep of left aileron trim and 2 beeps of down elevator. After the next couple flights will start removing weight from the cowl and move the CG back a little. Then after the DA is broken in will explore more of the flight envelope with it.