Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

aero tech 35% edge

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:40 PM
captainpitts-RCU
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aero tech 35% edge

I was wondering what anyone thought about the aero tech edge? This would be my first giant scale build and the only thing that has me a little nervous is the sheeting of the foam parts. are they that hard to sheet? Any special pointers ect. you responses would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-30-2005, 08:11 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: aero tech 35% edge

I built one about a year ago.......Its holding up nicely.

Sheeting isn't too hard.......I a foam 1inch roller and rolled the glue on. hardest part is shimming everything so that the edges are straight when you let it dry.

do a search on here.....or go to www.hobbiesx-treme.com and look in their forum section for my build/
Old 05-31-2005, 07:06 AM
jsm77777
My Feedback: (4)

Edge true your sheeting if needed. Can be done with a long sanding block, or if really needs trrimming, use a long steel straight egde and knife, then follow up with the sanding block. I am building a new AeroTech 42% Edge, and the sheeting is very nice, and only needs some sanding with a long block on some of the sheets. Once you get used to foam, you will like it, as it moves quickly, and will always turn out straight, as long as they cure on a straight table. Also, use a polyurethane glue when you sheet the foam, like Gorilla. It really bonds into the foam better than anything else, and cures overnight. It expands while it cure, so weight down the foam well while curing. I also like the glue as no mixing required like epoxy. Scott
Old 05-31-2005, 08:47 AM
mikerc
My Feedback: (11)

I had Aerotech build mine and they did a great job. I had a mishap with mine last week. Filled the fuse up with gas and damaged the bottom bellypan. I am waiting for parts. I plan on building a 42% this winter. The 35% is a super flying airplane, no bad habbits, lands like a trainer. You can see mine at www.mikerc.com

I went flying this weekend (Funtana 90) and really miss flying the Edge. Hope to have it in the air by next weekend if parts arrive.

Mike