Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Yes, AMA Member, You DO have a CHOICE

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Yes, AMA Member, You DO have a CHOICE

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 03:36 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yes, AMA Member, You DO have a CHOICE

Fellow AMA MODELERS:

The Ballots and AMA renewals are either at or soon to be at your house. They are marked *Important membership information inside. *
There certainly is. YOU are given a choice of a *Business as Usual without any apparent control at AMA,* or you can opt for a redirection.

Deficit financing with a far too optimistic return-on-investment that never happened, plus a near 1/2 million increase in Operating Expenses (12%) 2001 over 2000, has resulted in a 20% increase in AMA dues for 2003, plus extreme
increases in other services. (They made mistakes and now YOU have to pay the bills.)
Now the incumbent Ex. VP is promoting dividing AMA into 3 corporations or establishing captive corporations even to suggesting off-shore operations. (Read EC minutes, 7-15-02)

How much will the Operating Expenses increase when these new corporations are staffed with directors, managers and supportive staff? Where will it all end?
If this were government, I would call it Bureaucracy at its best.

Another candidate simply supports the incumbent and says so.

Your other CHOICE is a MODELER, one that has a working knowledge of finance, one who believes in Flying Sites (Has established and financed a first class flying site on his own, which is totally owned by a Charter Club), one who will push for national recognition of the hobby/sport, one who has no desire
to move into some fancy corporate status, and one who has a number of ideas to make AMA a better organization with the MODELER INTERESTS on the front burner.

In addition, regardless of the AMA headquarters that does NOT want to obtain Insurance through alternative bidding (EC minutes, 7/15) this modeler perceives that competitive contract bidding will bring lower rates.

SO YOU do now have a CHOICE. Your BALLOT is SEPARATE from your renewal. Vote for whichever AMA that you want.

Horrace Cain
AMA 539 Active CD / Leader
Candidate for Executive Vice President
Retired Pilot, UAL, and veteran of 13 years active AF service.
AMA VP D-VI, 1979-80-81.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell you what, You get Dr Sandy Frank off his fat butt and realize there are other states in his district other than "TEXAS" and I may even consider opening that envelope. Mike Huckins-Albuquerque,NM
Old 10-07-2002, 12:48 AM
MikeL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bahhhh... more of the same! You're taking about ideas, Horrace, but you're not giving us any. You're pointing out self-evident problems, but you're not proposing any solutions. Anyone can do that, so why do you deserve my vote?

This is your chance to earn it. Let's see how you do.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:05 AM
Hossfly

Default SF

Originally posted by Cyclic Hardover
Tell you what, You get Dr Sandy Frank off his fat butt and realize there are other states in his district other than "TEXAS" and I may even consider opening that envelope. Mike Huckins-Albuquerque,NM
That is YOUR job. I didn't vote for him. He is up for reelection next year. Run against him. He is having his trade-show in Oct. at election time, so you can go to TX and show everybody what SF really is.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, however my relationship with SF can be summed up with, "If you ever do get him to NM, then PLEASE keep him."

HC
Old 10-07-2002, 01:15 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Hoss, why not have the common decency to spare all of us the hyperbole and just buy a damn banner, jeesh!!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:18 AM
Hossfly

Default Ideas???

Originally posted by MikeL
Bahhhh... more of the same! You're taking about ideas, Horrace, but you're not giving us any. You're pointing out self-evident problems, but you're not proposing any solutions. Anyone can do that, so why do you deserve my vote?

This is your chance to earn it. Let's see how you do.
Please check the thread "AMA Again'" and my question to Monkey Boy near the end of the thread.
That's one.

The news media needs to be aware of our international -- FAI -- operations. Hometown newspapers need to be advised of all our events, the local participants, especially the JR. -- Sr. young people.
Once we get our reputation nationally recognized, then we will find a much better reception in the quest for flying facilities. Now I am speaking of a FAST entry into this recognition arena, not an old gran-ma' approach. Flying sites are paramount for all disciplines and interests, especially in the urban areas.
I believe in direct help with all park interests from National to the lowest city level.

AMA investments need to be totally conservative to assure firm budgets and accurate long range planning.
None of the AMA's unrelated business interests should be designed to endanger AMA's IRS 501 (c) 3 status. IMO a large wholly owned Insurance Consortiun would do just that.

HC
Old 10-07-2002, 01:23 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Originally posted by branded
Hoss, why not have the common decency to spare all of us the hyperbole and just buy a damn banner, jeesh!!

DITTO
Old 10-07-2002, 02:17 AM
MikeL

Sorry, Horrace, but you're not the person I want representing me in any way. I'm not impressed with your "ideas" or your attitude towards others. You aren't a team player, and would just lend your hand to the EC getting nothing productive done.

You had your chance.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:05 AM
Oregon Craig

Is that the same guy that engages in alot of the nonsense that goes on in rec.models.rc.air?

No, thank you, if it is.

One of the campaign statements on that thing I got in the mail seemed a bit odd. I forget which one right now.

I don't know any of those people, anyway. Even the guy in my district is unknown to me.

A statement like "if he ever comes to NM, you can keep him" doesn't appeal to me.

I wasn't going to send it in, now I will. I want to see all the blame get thrown around afterwards.

Relatively new AMA member Craig.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:22 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Horace, I picked up a magazine from the Seventies, and son-of-a-gun, if you weren't complaining about the AMA back THEN.
You know what? I won't vote for you. I don't think you have our best interests at heart.
Thanks, I'll vote for the qualified accountant instead.
Old 10-08-2002, 03:08 AM
Balsageek

Default BALLOT!!!! AAHAHAHAHAHA

I got my ballot today. Too bad it has INVALID BALLOT marked across the front of it. I wonder why the hell they did that!
Old 10-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Crashem

Horace,

I just wanted to thank you after reading all of your posts. When the AMA ballot came yesterday my decision was so simple.

PICK ANYBODY BUT YOU!!!!!

I gotto think that your attitude must be your worst enemy...

Better luck next election
Old 10-08-2002, 04:28 PM
fliers1

Horrace,

If you want thousands of votes, tell the beginner what you could do for her or him.

Take care,
CCR
http://www.kites.org/rc_instructors

Tell me and I will forget.
Show me and I will remember:
Involve me and I will understand.

- Confucius
Old 10-08-2002, 08:15 PM
A4HawkPilot

Hell I wasn't even going to vote until I read this. I'm sure the guys you are running against will thank you for my vote.
Now I know why no one else will post their campaign bid here. Lol.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Hmmm... I would vote for anybody that would just quiting building them fancy HQ buildings and "national" flying site. Just how exactly is it "national" when 364 days of the years only the locals get to fly at it?

It's a mighty long drive there from over here.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:18 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

I wrote before that it seemed to me that Horace had a long-standing grudge against the AMA. No idea why.
The moderator, Taildrager, chose to edit that out with no explanation.
Why is it okay for Horace to launch into multiple personal attacks here, but others can't?
Frankly, it's because the moderator has a serious anti-AMA bias. He sent me this PM some weeks back after I called him out on some falsehoods he was spreading about the AMA:
"Sorry Easytiger you did not like my post about the Rotten to the core AMA who loses are hard earned money in the stock market, will not let another organization represent the modelers, and their President Brown will not come on line but uses the AMA rag to help his reelection, I can go on with this out of control rotten money grubbing organization. If you have the facts, then maybe you should be the one to prove my charges are not true. As to being a moderator yes I am and will continue to be, and as to calling me a liar, as you wish, but personal attacks will be deleted. Taildrager"

And this guy is a MODERATOR?

This stinks. As long as you're post is Anti-AMA, you can say whatever you want. Which is why we have to listen to Horace Cain's eternal ranting.
Frankly, the guy has been spouting off the same stuff for decades, and he's gotten tiresome. Wish he would take it all back to rcwatch or rec.models.rc.org and take Taildrager with him.
Bout time to clean out the Clubhouse, in my opinion. It could be a lot more fun and constructive a place.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:47 AM
Balsageek

You know what. Like it or not, the AMA needs an enema! I like parts of the AMA, but the beurocratic bull**** has got to go. If the AMA hadn't marked INVALID across my ballot, HC, YOU'D have a vote. Wonder why the losers at HQ did that. Invalid ballot is what it says

Later
Old 10-09-2002, 02:06 AM
MikeL

You'd vote for somebody that just wants to settle personal scores? Read the agenda that Horrace posted, and you'll find that he's more invovled with the personalities than the policies.

I agree that the AMA needs change desperately. They've lost touch with their members and their mission. Adding another prima dona to the EC isn't the way to change things for the better.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:18 AM
rockmon

Well I got to tell you guys that I voted for Horrace at least he has the gonads to stand up against the gob's that our using our ama dues to build their own private club and a big old expensive club house to play in. If you think it's not a private club have a look at what our grand puba in district VII thinks about us poor little sheep having any knowledge of whats going on at the big clubhouse in Muncie. Oberdiech (sp) seems to think we don't need to know anymore than he feels like telling us which is squat. I can't believe I voted for him last election,I will say old Bill is at least honest enough to come right out and tell us we don't need to know whats going on with Spanky and the gang. Get em Horrace!! Hey by the way Horrace next time your headed for Mi. let me know, you can come over to Conover and fly with us it's only about twenty miles away, I'll even bring the chase lounge for ya. I would be interested in hearing how you guys that are knocking Horrace plan on making the ama better when you get elected you seem to know so much bad about Horrace stand up submit your qualifications and get some votes boys come on lets hear you credentials. I really want to hear how much better job you can do and how much more you have done for the ama than Horrace. You had the nards to knock him now defend your opinions list your qualifications quick before we all vote.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:24 AM
Hossfly

Default Sign up ALL AMA

Originally posted by rockmon
Well I got to tell you guys that I voted for Horrace at least he has the gonads to stand up against the gob's that our using our ama dues to build their own private club and a big old expensive club house to play in.
//SNIP//!! Hey by the way Horrace next time your headed for Mi. let me know, you can come over to Conover and fly with us it's only about twenty miles away,.
//SNIP//

Will probably take you up on that next summer.
Hey some good stuff coming down within a week. May wish to read it.

To sign up on All AMA will
require you to go to Yahoo Groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/ and register.
You will have to include your name and put your AMA number in the area marked 'my interests' so that your AMA membership can be verified using the AMA web site verification system.