Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

fastest buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:14 PM
nas556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastest buggy

hi, i want to buy a buggy. whats the fastest and best buggy out there that money can buy? I live in England, so there is rain nearly everyday, which equals mud and all sorts of other stuff not good for my on road car (i'd like to use it on grass and stuff). Therefore would an electric be better than a nitro? And if so or not, whats the fastest electric buggy i could buy?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: fastest buggy

How much $$$ are you planning on spending. To get a top notch 'fastest' buggy as you put it, you are looking at spending about 2000-3000USD, which converts to about 1200-1500 GBP.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
nas556

i'm looking really for an electric one? I really want it for messing around with, meanning it will take quite abit of knocks. so what would you recommend? (buy a cheaper one to mess around with or a more expensive more rugged buggy?)
Old 06-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Nitroaddict

If you are just looking for something to play with in the field - there are tons of great RTR vehicles that will hold up for the most part, but everything will break eventually.

If you are going with a nitro vehicle. The OFNA RTR 8th scale buggies are probably your best bet, but the AE RC10GT and the Losi XXXNT are both nitro 10th scale vehicles that are alot of fun and a bit cheaper.

For electric, the Losi XXXT, AE T4 and B4 Buggy, and the Duratrax Evader RTR are all great choices.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
nas556

which engine would you say i should buy with the hyper 7? RB Concept WS7, cen 2.5 turbo, Picco X3 (do you have any recommendations?)
Old 06-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Nitroaddict

I am an RB Concepts fan, but hesitate to recommend such an expensive engine to a novice. Any of the RTR buggies are going to come with an engine already - and the hyper 7 you are looking at comes with a great stock engine in RTR format. If going with a buggy, that would be the one I would recommend. It's such a good entry level buggy, that it can easily be raced later on if you wish with little or no modifications.

You can see my RB engines in the vehicles I own by looking in my gallery.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:14 PM
nas556

someone recommended an os engine. what would you say about this make? (os max 21) (and what about sirio engines) (sorry about being pain and asking too many questions)
Old 06-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Nitroaddict

I already gave you my recommendation bro. The engines you are mentioning are all great engines - I have an OS engine in one of my buggies and in my old NTC3. You can see those in my gallery.

I would recommend, however, that you go with the RTR version of the buggy and it already comes with a great engine, so you wont need to purchase one right now.

Later on - if you wish, you can purchase a faster engine, in which case, I would steer you towards the RB Concepts.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
cossie

how about a xtr3e standard faster than anything i have seen now people say they break to easy but after 2 years of owning mine it has never broke
Old 06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
rc car CRAZY

I cant help but giving my opinion. A hyper 7 is a very very good car. Unfortionatly it takes a hell of a lot of maintinance as it is top of the range and nitro. I would recomend on something less powerfull to get used to and then move onto the big guns. If you do get a hyper 7 don't get the rtr as then when something goes wrong you dont have to go to the model shop tio get it fixed.
thats my 2 cents (or pence for me and you)
Also it only rains once every 2 days in england
AND nitro addict due to the great UK super extortion on cars $2000-$3000 will be about £2000-£3000

Ben
Old 06-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Goaferboy

the fastest buggy is the one with the best driver. just my 2 cents
Old 06-06-2005, 10:46 AM
pawraith

i just bought my first buggy a few months ago, team associated RC10 B4. with the right motor, ESC, and other hop-ups, is a VERY capable buggy. im running with the stock LRP ESC and a team orion 17 turn double. i also have a Venom speed monitor on it and i get between 25 and 27 Mph. i added the milled aluminum motor plate and titanium turnbuckles for a lil flash, but mainly just terrorize the neighborhood cats and dogs with it. it is a very nimble car and im planing on putting TC3 tires and wheels on it. the buggy tires just dont stand up to well on pavement. altogether though, i would really recomend this car as a first model for anyone. its durable, and fast, and has the ability to hang with the top-enders with the right hop-ups.