Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Mikado Logo 10 Heli starting out!?!?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Mikado Logo 10 Heli starting out!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 06:31 AM
Digital235

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mikado Logo 10 Heli starting out!?!?

Hi I am looking for a good beginner heli that will grow as i get better. I am currently looking at the Mikado Logo 10 as a possible choice. I was just wondering if i should get the most advanced motor for aerobatics or should i wait? Will i be able to get good flight times if i get the most powerful motor? And also i wanted to add a training gear to the heli is there any available that are already made to fit the logo 10?

Thanks
- Digital235
Old 10-07-2002, 06:40 AM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

I like the Mikado's Logo electric heli's myself. They have great potential without a doubt.
http://www.mikado-heli.de/en/
The better brushless motors are very reliable and actually pull less amps I believe than standard BL motor. Just up to your finanacial situation, if you have the extra to invest. I would stay with the standard setup until you got a feel for flying the heli. The brushless hi-perf. motors are expensive....but good performer no less.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:00 AM
twguns

I'm curious... What is a "standard motor" for a L-10??? I've never heard of anyone putting anything but a brushless setup in an L-10...

The heli doesn't come with a motor or esc, so what is a standard motor for the L-10???
Old 10-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Digital235

Default Should i get the performance motor??

Hi I guess what i wanted to know is should i get the high performance brushless motor that is designed to do 3d and aerobatics or should i get a lower performance brushless motor and learn on that then upgrade later? I do understand that it will run faster and it will probably crash harder. I want to save money in the long run. Can i get the high performance motor and slow it down so it doesn't spin as fast or waste as much battery power?

Thanks
- Digital235
Old 10-07-2002, 04:11 PM
Culverson

After looking over the specs, I think you'd be happy with the standard BL motor. Your call bro. According to what you want to do.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Hivoltage
My Feedback: (3)

Default Low

I would go with the low performance motor to learn on. You will get longer flight times.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:59 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

I agree, I don't know too much about electric helis but I do know that the lower performace you have in a motor the more flight time you will get. Better to hover for 10 minutes at a time for your first 50 times than to hover for 6 minutes at a time for your first 75 times. Your batteries will last longer, also. Untill you get into FF you won't need a better motor.

That, and the fact that anyone who has a dog for their avitar is someone you have to trust!
Old 10-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Hivoltage
My Feedback: (3)

Default Yep

Yes, the Dog has a lot to do with who you can trust.!!!

I just happen to have a Logo 10, and I know it will do forward flight just fine with the non-3d motor, so its not like you will need to upgrade as soon as you learn to hover. It is a great little helicopter.

Personally, I would recommend getting a nitro- engine helicopter to learn on. Parts are easier to get, flight times are 3 times longer, and it is bigger and more stable. The Logo 10 is not tiny by any means...but it is smaller than a 30 size heli. The smaller they are, the harder they are to fly.

My opinion, get a Raptor, then get a Logo when you learn to fly, and a Freya, and a Venture, and a Sceadu....... get ready to be hooked.!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Scotty740

Default Re: Yep

Originally posted by Hivoltage

Personally, I would recommend getting a nitro- engine helicopter to learn on. Parts are easier to get, flight times are 3 times longer, and it is bigger and more stable. The Logo 10 is not tiny by any means...but it is smaller than a 30 size heli. The smaller they are, the harder they are to fly.

My opinion, get a Raptor, then get a Logo when you learn to fly, and a Freya, and a Venture, and a Sceadu....... get ready to be hooked.!!!!!!
I agree here. I have a LOGO 20 and I love flying it but, I don't get near the flight times I get on my nitro helis.

There is nothing wrong with the LOGO 10 to learn on if you can live with the shorter flight times and the fact that parts are not available quickly like some of the other helis out there.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Jcadwell

Lower performance does not implicitly equate to longer flight times. A higher performance brushless motor could get longer flight times than a lower performance brushed motor, because of the lack of brush voltage drop, and reduced rotational friction. Food for thought. As for learning, there are plenty of 30 sized nitro ships that are going to be sturdier, most likely cheaper, and possibly fly longer. I've got a hawk IV, from Century Helicopters, and with a header tank and a big main tank, I can get around 30 minutes of hovering running low nitro fuel. The Hawk Sport is ~165$, with blades, and a muffler. Buy an engine, and radio gear, and your in the air. It is still nitro though... Hard to beat my Fury 91 no matter what your running in E-land.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Culverson

"Personally, I would recommend getting a nitro- engine helicopter to learn on. Parts are easier to get, flight times are 3 times longer, and it is bigger and more stable. The Logo 10 is not tiny by any means...but it is smaller than a 30 size heli. The smaller they are, the harder they are to fly. "

I totally agree here as well. The brushless motor are expensive too as I just bought one for my Profile Mustang 400 electric plane, it sold for $119.00 I got it on sale for $69.00 at the hobby store had a big sale .

Gas (Nitro) is going to require more field supplies-Starter-Plugs-Fuel-Gas Can-Pump-Glow Battery-and other supplies. But as said you will get longer flight times. Plus in some cases the nitro burner parts can be just as reasonable.

Then after you've mastered hovering FF flight then I'd opt for the Logo 20 possibly or 10.
My 2 cents worth
Old 10-13-2002, 03:03 AM
E-gpeden

Hi Digital235,

The LOGO 10 is very stable and even handles very high winds surprisingly well. The high performance BL motors will give you shorter flight times than the less hot BL motors, and might also give a beginner more ESC problems running them at low throttle. A motor such as the Kontroik 600-15 would do just fine for beginning flights and simple aerobatics such as loops and rolls.

I recommend getting a good charger such as the Orbit Microlader Pro to speed up the charging process and three battery packs - one flying, one cooling, and one charging.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:24 AM
RS2K

I would love to do electric only RC but there are a few things stopping me. First, you have a lot less power than nitro machines in most cases and to extend the flight time you loose lots of power. The other bad thing is that they are usually a lot heavier because of the batteries so in order to make them lighter they are usually more fragile. When they create a very capable and affordable 3D machine that can fly for 30 minutes and weighed the same, I will look into it.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:00 AM
E-gpeden

As if the average glow flight is much more than 10 minutes Besides, I usually manage to scare myself enough in 6 minutes A comment was made by a fellow at a fun fly this summer, "every time I turned around you were flying". With electrics one has to take a slightly different approach to the flight - get up there and get busy with something that you've already planned to do.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:45 AM
TEAMERICA
My Feedback: (77)

Default Puttin on the Dog

OK, I got the Dog. Now what can I say that might be believable?

Baron von Reichtoffen der Fluggen Pooch
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2002, 05:12 AM
RS2K

Default Re: Puttin on the Dog

Originally posted by TEAMERICA
OK, I got the Dog. Now what can I say that might be believable?
LOL, from flying pumpkins to floating dogs.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:14 AM
RS2K

Originally posted by E-gpeden
As if the average glow flight is much more than 10 minutes Besides, I usually manage to scare myself enough in 6 minutes A comment was made by a fellow at a fun fly this summer, "every time I turned around you were flying". With electrics one has to take a slightly different approach to the flight - get up there and get busy with something that you've already planned to do.
MY raptor 50 lasts 25 mins on a tank AND when I want to fly again all I have to do is refuel and restart.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:49 AM
E-gpeden

I didn't say that they couldn't last that long. It's just that folks seem to land well before that.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:02 AM
RS2K

I don't like the idea about not having a fuel gauge on a heli. Even airplanes and scale helis that don't have a fuel tank you can see can still be emptied very fast to see how much is left, a multimeter would help but voltage is not linear like a fuel tank is, and the fuel tank never changes sizes on you like batteries do! At least mine go up and down in capacity all the time. But having a clean aircraft at all times and having less field equipment would be nice.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:11 AM
RS2K

What we are missing is a small, light, powerful power source with TONS of capacity. Now I would mind a miniature Mr. Fusion on board. <Duuuun dunnnnn duuuunn dudda-lada-dadaaa da-da-daaa!>
Old 10-13-2002, 06:12 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by RS2K

MY raptor 50 lasts 25 mins on a tank ...
bulls...t, unless you leave it idle or hover at 1200 RPM...
Old 10-13-2002, 06:26 AM
E-gpeden

Flight batteries are very consistent as far as duration goes. All you need to do is set the count-down timer on the transmitter. I usually do hovering maneuvres for the last half minute or so, anyway. I've only had a few close calls in hundreds of flights. One can hear the rpm drop and get down fast if taken by surprise. I hate it when I take off without starting that timer though
Old 10-13-2002, 06:32 AM
RS2K

Originally posted by flmgrip

bulls...t, unless you leave it idle or hover at 1200 RPM...
I am dead serious! 25 mins from COMLETELY FULL to COMPLETELY DRAINED. From take off to auto. 23-25 mins! Unless the timer is off on my TX which I highly dought. After 18 mins off FF I stop to do hovering stuff.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:53 AM
Culverson

" am dead serious! 25 mins from COMLETELY FULL to COMPLETELY DRAINED. From take off to auto. 23-25 mins! Unless the timer is off on my TX which I highly dought. After 18 mins off FF I stop to do hovering stuff."

Dude if I flew that long I would be getting weary. I like to fly max 13-14 minutes. Then I'm ready to land-chat-get a ice cold gatorade or something and the I let the other flyers go up. NPI
Old 10-13-2002, 01:26 PM
RS2K

Originally posted by Culverson
" am dead serious! 25 mins from COMLETELY FULL to COMPLETELY DRAINED. From take off to auto. 23-25 mins! Unless the timer is off on my TX which I highly dought. After 18 mins off FF I stop to do hovering stuff."

Dude if I flew that long I would be getting weary. I like to fly max 13-14 minutes. Then I'm ready to land-chat-get a ice cold gatorade or something and the I let the other flyers go up. NPI
I'm used to flying on my own property so I don't have to worry about other flyers. Even when I do fly at the local field everyone has there own channel and there aren't enough people to have too many planes/helis in the air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.