Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Radiowave 40% Edge

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:52 PM
crfabbro
My Feedback: (56)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiowave 40% Edge

I'm looking for info on the Radiowave Edge- flight performance, weight,
quality ect... Its been out for a while and haven't read anything about it.
Thanks! chris
Old 06-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Jim Gilbert
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Radiowave 40% Edge

Hi Chris, We have a gentleman flying IMAC in the NorthWest region and he had to do quite a bit of modification to get it to fly the way he wanted. I don't own one, so I can't give you any first hand info but like any purchase I would investigate it very carefully!
Good Luck, Jim
Old 06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
mikerc
My Feedback: (11)

I was wondering about this plane as well. I just don't like the straight leading edge on the hor. stab. Any info, pics or video would be great.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
PlaneInsane
My Feedback: (5)

If I'm not mistaken that fella in the Northwest is Ron Smith and I'm the one who modified his Radiowave (JTec) Edge. As it sat with 2 rudder servos in the tail it was 5lbs light in the nose to balance.

1. Went to a pull-pull rudder setup.
2. Threw the horizontal stab away and replaced with a Aeroworks 40% Edge Stab.
3. Cored Elevators.
4. Cored Rudder.
5. Cored out underbelly of fuse.
6. Put on heavier wheels.
7. Moved everything as far forward as possible.

The plane is now just on the rear side of the CG but it flies extremely well. We were both very happy about flight performance.
The covering job and material is very bad, no horrible is a better description. Much of it has flown of the plane in flight. The paint is over the bare fiberglass without priimer so it chips off extremely easily. The cowl is very thin and is wavy in spots because of it.

This was one of the original Edges out of South America and apparently Al Young is now importing them from China so the quality issues I've noted above may not apply. I do know that Al Young wants to scrap the horizontal stab and go with the tapered one like the full scale Edge. Maybe he has already done it.

Rich Sornborger
IMAC2335