Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Lanier 80" Cap 232 ARF with G62

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lanier 80" Cap 232 ARF with G62

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 08:23 AM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier 80" Cap 232 ARF with G62

A friend of mine (computer challeneged) is in the process of putting this ARF kit together and wants to use a G62 thats now collecting dust in his shop. He has asked me to seek some advice here from those who actually own or who have owned this plane/engine combo. PLEASE - Only those with hands on experience need reply as I need some hard factual info.

Please comment on the following if possible:

CG Issues (your experience vs. Laniers recommendations).

Servo type and placement using the G62.

Structural Changes/Mods made and any airframe
failures noted while using the G62.

Actual RTF dry weight of this combination.

Flight envelope characteristics.

Thanks,

Shemp
Old 01-12-2002, 07:20 PM
aftcg
My Feedback: (1)

Default Lanier 80" w/G62

I have the Lanier 80" 21st Century ARF. I bought it used and it came with a Zenoah G62. It didn't have the power I expected and it weighed too much. It was sluggish on takeoffs and I didn't get much past that.
I'm mounting a 3W in the plane this weekend and hope to have first flight next weekend.
I would strongly recommend buying one of the following motors:
ZDZ 40 or 60, Brison 3.2, BME 50, or 3W 50 to 70.
By the way, Lanier doesn't warranty the plane with a Zenoah G62 because of the vibration. The motors I listed above have much better ignition systems which make for smoother idle & run.
Good luck.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:34 PM
Majestick

Default Cap 232

I fly mine with a Mustang 50 and have a ball with it! My kit was the biggest piece of crap I've ever bought! Horizontal stab was made wrong, fuse had a 3/8 in bend in it, and man!! talk about customer support! Horizon and Lanier both basically said you own it. But..alas, the piece of crap is a very nice flying plane. Advice? Make sure the tail fits...if not...you are on your own.
[email protected]