Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

to nitroaddict

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:48 PM
nas556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to nitroaddict

hey man, i read somewhere that your smp slide is the dogs (nuts!!). how fast is it??
(also, what do you think of other cars such as the serpent vector, etc. would you still stick with the slide, or is that a stupid question??)

One other thing, what speed do you or others think will be reached at indianapolis, and by which cars??

(now i don't want all this about getting a slower car cos i'm a newbie, etc, etc, just tell me the plain facts, even if you tell me which is the fastest car out there it doesn't mean i'll go out and get one tomorrow!!! - i'm not trying to be rude, i really appreciate the advice!)
Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: to nitroaddict

Nas - To answer the questions:

1. Yes - I have two SMP Slides and love them both. They are just amazing but cost a small fortune. Here are some photos of them. One I use for larger tracks the other, I use on short tracks. The first has a Rody Modified RB Concepts C5 Circuit and slightly higher gearing. Also use a solid rear axle and front one way diff. The other has an RB Concepts S7 and a standard rear diff.

The downside to the SMP is that parts are very expensive and hard to find. I get all mine from Ashford Hobby which ships very fast, but I had to invest several hundred dollars in spares so I wasn't out of luck on race weekend.

The Serpent and Mugen cars are also very very good. I have driven my friend's Serpent 950 and was very impressed. The Mugen's also do very well on the course. The biggest difference I noticed is that the SMP just holds the set up much better and seems to track straighter. I really like it, and it is almost impossible to break something.

I have no clue what the top speed is, but guess that the C5 pushes it somewhere near 70-80mph when properly geared.

As for Indy - can you clarify what you mean? Are you speaking of the USGP from F1?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:18 AM
nas556

Thanks for your reply man, greatly appreciated.

I was talking about the worlds fastest rc car challenge at the Irwindale Speedway. (sorry got mixed up with f1)
Old 06-07-2005, 09:33 AM
nas556

oh one other thing i forgot to ask. Although the lola style bodyshells help greatly in achieving high speeds, i really do not like the look of them. I have seen other 1/8 shells for the serpent and hpi and was just wandering if the 1/8 hpi Toyota GT-One TS020 body would fit serpent 1/8 cars. (this shell is probably my favourite looking le mans 1/8 shell that i have found)

(my all time favourite group c era car, however is the sauber mercedes C9, but have had no luck finding a 1/8 body shell. The closest i've come is a 1/24 Tamiya shell. Check out the pic and tell me you or anyone else wouldn't mind having that on a 1/8 on road!!!!)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52019.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	281603  
Old 06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Nitroaddict

Oh - thanks for the clarification - I don't know anything about the speed challenge in Indy, so I cannot be of any help there. Sorry about that.

As for the bodies - there are regulations that you must adhere to when racing, so those are the only bodies I can use, but if you were just bashing, then something else would be fine. To answer your question, yes, for the most part, all 8th scale on road bodies are the same and will fit with the exception of the basher bodies for the Ofna LX.